Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2012, 05:24 AM

Default Assertion Error Message when loading Pro Tools.

I am having some issues with running Pro Tools. Firstly some background information:

I am a lecturer in a college, and we have recently had a new Music Technology room installed with Networked Windows 7 PC's running Pro Tools 10.

Initially when running Pro Tools after installation, we had issues with XPand2 not loading presets, which we isolated to a registry entry issue.

Now this problem has been address, when loading into Pro Tools, we are getting the following error message:

Assertion in "..\..\Sys\Win32\Sys_FileWin32.cpp", Line 400.

I have searched the internet and these forums for the same message but as yet have had no luck.

Interestingly enough, if you click ok on this message, it loads into Pro Tools and appears to be working fine - all Avid Instruments and Audio seem fine.

Here are details about the PC's:

Dell Precision T3600 - Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.8GHz.
8Gb Ram
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
Pro Tools 10.3.1

If anyone needs anymore information, please post and I will get the IT team to provide details!

Regards,

John
Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Focusrite

Default Re: Assertion Error Message when loading Pro Tools.

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. If you contact a support team we'll be happy to take a look into this for you.

You can reach us here: http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

Best regards,

Chris
Focusrite
Old 08-14-2013, 07:24 AM

Hi, did you get a solution for this? I have the same error loading PT as a standard user

(Assertion in "..\ ..\ Sys\ Win32\ Sys_FileWin32.cpp", line 400.(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.))

running as admin loads OK
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Focusrite

Hi ymg,

I have looked into this for you and see that this poster did contact us but never replied to say if the issue was resolved.

Can you try, when opening Pro Tools, right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator. Usually Assertion issues can be resolved by having administrator privileges.

If this does not assist you please feel welcome to contact us via our Customer Support Page so that we can look further into your specific computer setup.

Best regards.

Kat

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 10-04-2013, 11:20 AM

"run as administrator" won't fix the problem; login off and back as admin will, and as for users it only happens randomly... still investigating this one...