Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2000, 06:35 PM

Default Problems with re-authorizations (cont.)

Message to DIGI: I've posted message regarding re-authorization problem under Mac OS 9.0.4.

With the number of key disks I have, it is mostly out of question trying to contact all the companies who did the key disks. So I have tried a few things.

I've kept a copy of the original system on one of my external disks so I boothed from my old 8.6 Mac OS. The only installation I was able to make with the Mac OS 9.0.4 was with the ProTools 4.3.2 key disk. So I tried to de-authorize with the 8.6 Mac OS and to my surprise I was not able to de-authorize, I had the same message that I did with the others attempts with the Mac OS 9.0.4.

I've tried other installations for the other plug-ins under the Mac OS 8.6 but with no success. I guess it has to do with the formatt and driver installation from the new MAC OS 9.0.4, wich I did on all my internal and external disks.

So I reboothed from my 9.0.4 system an then I was able to remove the ProTools installation except that after the removal, just before quitting it gave me the same message with the "result code 8" but the de-authorization incremented correctly on my disquette!

It really has to do with the driver/format structure of the Mac OS 9.0.4 I guess