Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2017, 10:41 AM

Default PT 12.7.1 and 12.7 bouncing and opening issues

I created a case for this but we all know how long that takes. I'm on a Mac Pro 6 core, 32 gigs of RAM, 10.11.7? and PT 12.7.1 and/or 12.7 with PTX mixing television. My template has not changed in months, my plug-in's have not changed and they are fully updated. I've had two issues and I'm wondering if they're drive related. This is the error I get..

"Unable to bounce offline. Error while preparing: "Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/200028/ProTools/NewFileLibs/SMgr/SMgr_StConnectionPrep.cpp", line 73." ... Do you want to do a real time bounce instead?

So sometimes I'm able to open, work and bounce but only once. Never twice without closing the session and re-opening. Some other times I work and then try to bounce and get this error...

"Could not complete the bounce to disk command because vector"

Sometimes I work, then close, then I cannot open.

I think I've tried most things. I cleared all unused clips and tracks. No luck. I copied the session to a different drive, same issues (which makes me think it's not a drive issue). I did a save session copy, same issue. I moved from PT12.7.1 to PT12.7, same issue.

The only thing that worked was creating a new session with the exact same template, re-import everything and then I'm able to work and bounce, but again, only ONCE.

I am mixing televison so I have an AAF created from Media Composer v 6.6 and always a high rez ProRes video in the session.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:23 AM

Default Re: PT 12.7.1 and 12.7 bouncing and opening issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
I created a case for this but we all know how long that takes. I'm on a Mac Pro 6 core, 32 gigs of RAM, 10.11.7? and PT 12.7.1 and/or 12.7 with PTX mixing television. My template has not changed in months, my plug-in's have not changed and they are fully updated. I've had two issues and I'm wondering if they're drive related. This is the error I get..

"Unable to bounce offline. Error while preparing: "Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/200028/ProTools/NewFileLibs/SMgr/SMgr_StConnectionPrep.cpp", line 73." ... Do you want to do a real time bounce instead?

So sometimes I'm able to open, work and bounce but only once. Never twice without closing the session and re-opening. Some other times I work and then try to bounce and get this error...

"Could not complete the bounce to disk command because vector"

Sometimes I work, then close, then I cannot open.

I think I've tried most things. I cleared all unused clips and tracks. No luck. I copied the session to a different drive, same issues (which makes me think it's not a drive issue). I did a save session copy, same issue. I moved from PT12.7.1 to PT12.7, same issue.

The only thing that worked was creating a new session with the exact same template, re-import everything and then I'm able to work and bounce, but again, only ONCE.

I am mixing televison so I have an AAF created from Media Composer v 6.6 and always a high rez ProRes video in the session.
can it be tracked to One Plugin giving you grief ???

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 03-22-2018, 02:50 PM

Default Re: PT 12.7.1 and 12.7 bouncing and opening issues

I'm having this problem again with a session. I had it once before and traced the problem back to a file with an invalid character in the name. When I renamed and re-imported that audio file, I was able to bounce again.

This time, I have a different cause. No file name issues. I'm using a template that I have used to mix this TV series for 2 years, and suddenly today I cannot output the current episode. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

What I do know Is I can bounce my masters individually by left clicking and choosing BOUNCE from the context menu. That has been my workaround to finish the project. Bouncing each stem offline individually.