Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky3000 View Post
Guitardom,

I wish you the best with Windows, building computers, whatever floats your boat.
I've used both systems for years, and am simply reporting facts as I've collected them over two decades. I don't have time to get into a pissing contest with you because you're sensitive about the platform you choose. I honestly don't care what you chose, and that wasn't the point.

The point was that Avid is garnering resentment from their users. Or, have you not noticed the prior 180 pages of this thread?

And of course we know Avid can quickly and easily put out a patch to get these surfaces online. Are you kidding? You think they can get the C24 online, but are for some reason totally incapable of getting the Control 24, essentially the same technology?

Now... who's drinking the kook-aid?

Now, you run along and scream at the skies about how much you hate Apple and their dominating success in the tech market. That's irrelevant. What IS relevant is Avid's sinking ship, poor decisions and apparent disdain for their long-time customers.
As I said, I own and use apple products as well and typing this on a macbook, I have an Ipod, Iphone, Ipad, I am more than familiar. I also spent plenty of years on TDM rigs with G3's-G4's. I got sick of being stuck with outdated computers waiting for Apple to update and moved on. You making stupid statements and analogies that make no sense, that is the point of my response, not some "sensitivity" issue. The whining and false threats in this thread is the "sensitivity" issue at play.

Again, you nor I know how long it would take them to resolve the controller issues. They have not hidden the fact it was a business decision to not do it and that is part of the humor of this thread, people acting like they have "busted" Avid in some scheme. It is what it is. We may not like it, but they have made their stance. Move elsewhere to a different software/hardware platform or deal with it, those are our options. Do you think they are sitting there waiting for this thread to hit 200 pages, then they will give in?

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-03-2014, 11:13 PM

Nobody said they didn't understand what Avid was doing.

They said it was a bad business decision. But, that's par for course.

I'm just glad I am in multiple positions (large and small scale) to influence spending on Avid products. We'll speak with ours and our companies' wallets.

Like I said, just check back in a few years. Watch how this plays out.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 AM

Microsoft = business = unhip...simple as that.

There's even an acronym for it...ABM...anything but Microsoft.

Personally, I've made a pretty good living using Microsoft products for nearly 25 years...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-04-2014, 08:25 AM

Again, Microsoft was a random example... not the point of contention.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:26 AM

I just realized that the Pro Control doesn't work with PT11 but HUI control surfaces work.

Does this mean that Avid is telling us that it is safer to buy non Avid Controllers?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo Apolonia View Post
I just realized that the Pro Control doesn't work with PT11 but HUI control surfaces work.

Does this mean that Avid is telling us that it is safer to buy non Avid Controllers?
No, they're telling owners of Pro Control and Control|24 not to buy PT11
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Which HUI control surfaces from 3rd parties?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky3000 View Post
Which HUI control surfaces from 3rd parties?
Probably anyone of the 3rd parties that took the time to rewrite the code for PT11
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Probably anyone of the 3rd parties that took the time to rewrite the code for PT11

There is nothing to rewrite. HUI being a standard interface between the DAW and external controllers just works. It is the tighter integration of Avid's proprietary controllers that results in needing to port controller specific software that is causing this problem.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
There is nothing to rewrite. HUI being a standard interface between the DAW and external controllers just works. It is the tighter integration of Avid's proprietary controllers that results in needing to port controller specific software that is causing this problem.
Well now that we know the reason why we are getting the shaft...

OK fellow sheep, get your wallets ready and buy the AVID S6! And Protools 11. Easy solution! And best of all, Avid wins again! And also just buy another new AVID approved computer too! After that, Everything "Should" run perfectly! Yay!

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers