Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-01-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Two questions, output and plug in removal

Hi guys,

I have mbox 2 and one thing that I cant fix is removing the VocAling LE plug in. It was installed by default when I installed the Pro tools, but what happens now is, when I lunch Pro tools, the authorization window keeps coming up. I do not need this plug in and want to remove it from my machine. I have looked under the add/remove list and I did not find it there, and to my suprize I was not able to find any directions in the VocAling pdf???

My second question is this, why cant I hear any output when I open a web based player, that streams audio, is that possible with mbox 2? I can play music that’s on my hard drive fine through itunes or wmp, however when If I go to mp3.com and try to listen to songs there while they are playing in web based window, I do not get any output? If I can play it from HD, it should be able to play from web or am I mistaken?

I have headphones and two speakers and sub connected to mbox2.

Thank you, for your time.

EDIT: I have found the solution to my second question, but i am still not sure about the first. For future reference, what you have to do is download a application called Digi MME Helper, and use it to put your internet browser or any other third party app that dose not work with mbox 2 into a WaveDriver opt list so it can establish communication between your browser and mbox 2.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Two questions, output and plug in removal

You have to go into your Digi directory and remove it, like you would a VST plugin. Is it in AU or RTAS? I think it's an AU...The file extension will differ, can't quite remember what they are just now. Anyways, you'll have to root it out of the directory. I think it's usually under Program Files/Common/Digidesign or something like that...I'd be able to tell you if I was at the studio, but I'm home now. You should see one or two Vocalign files in with the rest of the installed plugins. Just delete these. This is how you remove most RTAS plugins, it should work for plugins that come with LE off the bat, but I could be wrong. It's late, time for bed...
Old 04-02-2006, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Two questions, output and plug in removal

Hang on there. I know I did this yesterday and didn't go deleting files fron the program folder.
Go into the control panel - add remove programs - and click the protools uninstaller. The top option should be 'modify'.

That lets you remove options such as that demo.