Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Mac OS X

Old 06-10-2014, 07:06 PM

Default Avid Virtual Instruments Express Installation

Hi I'm a newbe here so please bear with me!
I have just bought and installed M-track plus and pro tools express on iMac running Mountain lion 10.8.5, all installed and activated with ilok. I have upgraded from Pro tools 9 MP and did do a full uninstall.

1/ my problem is i go to my avid account and i am unable to see virtual instruments anywhere!! only pro tools express… ( no download link)

2/ i decided to download the virtual instruments express installer through "in music brands" website, which I've downloaded about 5 times! the installer fails and says the image data is corrupt!! i then did a search in forums and net,

I have deleted the dmg install file
I have: repaired permissions on disk
I have tried to install using standard user + admin

Am i missing something simple? any feedback would be most appreciated thanks.

Last edited by dabbles62; 06-10-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Avid Virtual Instruments Express Installation

Still having no joy!!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:27 PM

after downloading the dmg file from In Music Brands again i was able to mount the image with roxio toast! the installer would quit half way through with corrupt error message..
Still unable to download Virtual Instruments though my account…

this getting way beyond a joke
Old 06-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbles62 View Post
after downloading the dmg file from In Music Brands again i was able to mount the image with roxio toast! the installer would quit half way through with corrupt error message..
Still unable to download Virtual Instruments though my account…

this getting way beyond a joke
Since your Pro Tools Express software came with your M-Audio bundle, you would not have any Pro Tools Express software downloads in your Avid account. As it says in this sticky thread on the Pro Tools Express forums:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid View Post
We're pleased to introduce Pro Tools Express software—a new streamlined, 16-track version of Pro Tools 10 included with the 3rd gen Mbox and Mbox Mini at no extra charge, starting March 21, 2012. Pro Tools Express includes many of the same features of Pro Tools 10, though it doesn’t include the new Clip Gain feature, Beat Detective, or the Timecode Ruler—and it’s limited to a maximum of 16 stereo audio tracks.

For a detailed list of differences in Pro Tools versions, see the Pro Tools Software Comparison page

If you have questions about Pro Tools Express, please check out the Pro Tools Express FAQ

For help with Activation or Installation see the Pro Tools Express Installation Overview

Akai Professional & M-Audio Interfaces
Support and downloads for all of the Pro Tools Express software included with the InMusic Brands M-Audio and Akai interfaces is provided by InMusic, not by Avid. You can get downloads and help from their website here:
Installing and Authorizing Avid Pro Tools Express
www.inmusicbrands.com/ptex

On the M-Audio site, you can also find some tech help with this Knowledge Base article:
M-Audio M-Track - Setup with Pro Tools Express
Old 06-12-2014, 01:11 AM

Thanks Bruce for you reply and info.

I went to buy this product with software bundle thinking that
the Software was from AVID, correct me if i'm wrong? that means I have an account with Avid and i have pro tools express in the list of purchases in Avid
but have no support from Avid?

Is that why I can't up date to the latest version of Pro Tools 10.3.4

So i'm unable to download Virtual Instruments Express only from the other site?
which the file is corrupt…

Sorry but this very frustrating to say the least!