Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2019, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Disappearing Elastic Properties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzoid View Post
Elastic audio is a mess!

I'm baffled at how Avid keeps screwing up EA with every release!!!
I have to agree. The number of workarounds just to get the thing to work seems to increase with each release.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:47 AM

Hmmm, I use EA all the time, including for the last 3 or 4 days. The only problem I have is that sometimes I get a 91.. error when using the EA commit from XForm dialog. I sometimes have to bounce the tracks instead.

I’m running a Mac mini with 19.5, latest OS, more information in my signature.

My workflow is to set EA to the appropriate Realtime for edits (polyphonic, rhythmic, etc), then change to XForm, then commit or bounce to get out of EA. I save lots of sessions with increasing version numbers along the way.

Lots of hours on EA, too many actually, and only have the problem I mentioned. Works great otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-09-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardWilliam View Post
Hmmm, I use EA all the time, including for the last 3 or 4 days. The only problem I have is that sometimes I get a 91.. error when using the EA commit from XForm dialog. I sometimes have to bounce the tracks instead.

I’m running a Mac mini with 19.5, latest OS, more information in my signature.

My workflow is to set EA to the appropriate Realtime for edits (polyphonic, rhythmic, etc), then change to XForm, then commit or bounce to get out of EA. I save lots of sessions with increasing version numbers along the way.

Lots of hours on EA, too many actually, and only have the problem I mentioned. Works great otherwise.

If you use it on one file at a time, and you're stretching stuff only a little, it's kind of okay. Doesn't take much to make it go haywire though.

ps Guessing you've either not noticed the smudging of the transients on XForm or it's something you can live with? Lots written about it on here before.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:43 AM

Same. Like extreme delayed graphic I haven’t seen before.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 AM

For the second day in a row I've just had a problem where the Elastic audio (in Polyphonic) wasn't playing back changes, just the unaltered audio. I flipped it to "monophonic" and then back to "Polyphonic" and - hey presto! - it came back to life. Not seen this one before.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about when I mentioned "workarounds" in my earlier post.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
For the second day in a row I've just had a problem where the Elastic audio (in Polyphonic) wasn't playing back changes, just the unaltered audio...
Yes, this happens here as well (sadly, it's not new).

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 06-12-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
Yes, this happens here as well (sadly, it's not new).
Thanks for confirming it's not just me. Just had it for the third day running. so I've uploaded a video of Polyphonic misbehaving.

https://youtu.be/ZczDomXuerg
Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 AM

Yes, lots of workarounds. I avoid stretching the decay tail of sustained sounds in polyphonic realtime, for example. I’ll try to copy/paste a note of the duration I need from somewhere else.

And if realtime plays back clips garbled or octave high on the first few plays I’m not surprised. (To be fair, stretching is always going to be a problem because the program has to fill in gaps in waveform with some kind of information copied from surrounding material.) So, I usually just keep working until I consolidate or commit the track, then judge whether it’s worth keeping.

That said, Rhythmic EA is rarely problematic for me.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:49 AM

Back when Elastic Audio had the settings it had in Pro Tools 7.4 (before they changed it for the worse), I could take an entire song and stretch every track at once to slow down or speed up the whole song with no apparent quality loss. It was great.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
For the second day in a row I've just had a problem where the Elastic audio (in Polyphonic) wasn't playing back changes, just the unaltered audio. I flipped it to "monophonic" and then back to "Polyphonic" and - hey presto! - it came back to life. Not seen this one before.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about when I mentioned "workarounds" in my earlier post.
Happening here too.

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.