Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-15-2016, 06:12 AM

Default Issue after issue installing my subscription!!

Hey guys, so I bought an ilok 2, bought a subscription for PT 12.5.2
I downloaded all the drivers, the program and the plug ins. I ran the installs (possibly did the program before drivers-oops)
I created an ilok account, plugged in my ilok. ilok manager will not connect to the server, ive tried nearly everything ive found online and nothing works!
Also-the pro tools wont open! I uninstalled the prgram to reinstall it thinking i did it backwards, now it wont let me reinstall pro tools because "avid cloud client files are missing"
I cant find any information on this anywhere! Do I have to completely re download the set up for the program? (im on crappy internet in the country so it takes a good 2 hours to download the 1.2 gig set up )

Ive tried reinstalling/repairing the drivers, the codecs and the program but still getting this cloud files missing error at the PT install page... HELP !?

(Windows 7
PT 12.5.2
Not very experienced with ilok or drivers or any of this !! )
MBOX2

Old 09-15-2016, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Issue after issue installing my subscription!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedgirl View Post
Hey guys, so I bought an ilok 2, bought a subscription for PT 12.5.2
I downloaded all the drivers, the program and the plug ins. I ran the installs (possibly did the program before drivers-oops)
I created an ilok account, plugged in my ilok. ilok manager will not connect to the server, ive tried nearly everything ive found online and nothing works!
Also-the pro tools wont open! I uninstalled the prgram to reinstall it thinking i did it backwards, now it wont let me reinstall pro tools because "avid cloud client files are missing"
I cant find any information on this anywhere! Do I have to completely re download the set up for the program? (im on crappy internet in the country so it takes a good 2 hours to download the 1.2 gig set up )

Ive tried reinstalling/repairing the drivers, the codecs and the program but still getting this cloud files missing error at the PT install page... HELP !?

(Windows 7
PT 12.5.2
Not very experienced with ilok or drivers or any of this !! )
you appear to have done everything right EXCEPT that you did not finish moving your Pro Tools Asset to your iLok ...

do you have a place you can go with a better internet connection so you can move your Pro Tools asset in your account on to your iLok .. you do not need to be on the computer that pro tools is on to administer your iLok account .. but you do need your iLok ..

without the iLok asset Pro Tools will not open ...

uninstalling Pro Tools properly:

"Windows 7

Choose Start > Control Panel.
In category view, under Programs, click “Uninstall a program.”
Select Pro Tools.
Click Uninstall (If Uninstall is not available, click Change and select Remove from the Installer menu)..
Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Pro Tools."

iLok - moving an asset to your iLok: you will need a decent internet connection to do this .. i have managed it on a 1mbps download internet - pretty slow ..

1) do you have a code to redeem for pro tools .. a little card with the code on it ?? see pics from this website link .. https://www.ilok.com/#!support/help/102029546

NOTE: you do not need an iLok to install / re-install Prot Tools but you will need it to USe Pro Tools ....

hope this helps ..

john
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 6.44.43 AM.jpg (69.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 6.46.07 AM.jpg (57.9 KB, 0 views)

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 09-15-2016, 06:57 AM

I havent yet put my activatin code in for protools, as i cant get onto the ilok server either! it wont even let me sign in on the ilok manager, and ive tried all the tips online but still cant seem to get connected! I created an ilok account on ilok.com but my manager wont connect to server at all

Im not sure what the asset is for protools that you are speaking of?
MBOX2

Old 09-15-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I havent yet put my activatin code in for protools, as i cant get onto the ilok server either! it wont even let me sign in on the ilok manager, and ive tried all the tips online but still cant seem to get connected! I created an ilok account on ilok.com but my manager wont connect to server at all

Im not sure what the asset is for protools that you are speaking of?
since i have not on the Monthly Subscription i am not fully sure how this works .. BUT lets see if this is more clear ..

1) asset is any license you have on your iLok for given programs or plugins

2) not being able to put your activation code for pro tools into your iLok account is your issue ..

3) sounds like you did get iLok Manager downloaded and installed but cannot sign into it with your username / password is this correct ??

4) you will probably need to open a support ticket with Avid if you cannot get this to work ...

john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 09-15-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
since i have not on the Monthly Subscription i am not fully sure how this works .. BUT lets see if this is more clear ..

1) asset is any license you have on your iLok for given programs or plugins

2) not being able to put your activation code for pro tools into your iLok account is your issue ..

3) sounds like you did get iLok Manager downloaded and installed but cannot sign into it with your username / password is this correct ??

4) you will probably need to open a support ticket with Avid if you cannot get this to work ...

john
That is correct, i have the ilok manager downloaded and installed, but it wont connect to the server to allow me to sign in.. so putting in activation codes are not an option as of yet!
Also, now that i uninstalled PT it wont let me reinstall the program as the error states "missing avid cloud client files possibly from bad or unfinished download"

Do you think i should re downlaod the full protools install from the avid account? maybe the missing files are a part of that package and i somehow lost part of it during the uninstall?

I started a case with Avid regarding this already, no answer yet.
MBOX2

Old 09-15-2016, 07:17 AM

Update: I re unzipped the installatino folder, and tried running the install ofr pro tools, it is currently installing! I will keep you updated!!
MBOX2

Old 09-15-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Update: I re unzipped the installatino folder, and tried running the install ofr pro tools, it is currently installing! I will keep you updated!!
copy that on the re-install ..

1) good to know you started a support case .. maybe Jeffro from Avid will see this thread and check your case for you .. he is very good at this stuff ..

2) iLok - do you feel like you got the iLok manger fully installed correctly ?? and what errors do you get when trying to connect to iLok manager ?? can you post a picture or copy the text here ??

RME BabyFace Pro
Old 09-15-2016, 07:51 AM

Okay, PT installed good, and seems well. When I try to open the program, I get a dialog box with "The server is currently unavailable. This may be due to a scheduled maintenance or a service outage of some kind. There is no estimate for when the server will be available."
When i close the dialog box, no program is open or available.
When I open ilok manager, exact same quote as above in a similar dialog box, but when i close the dialog box I can stay in the program. Although when I try to sign in, same dialog box.
I researched this a lot online and it seems to be the same message a lot of people got. Changing some internet connection settings works for people, but not for me. Getting the ilok manager online is my biggest issue at the moment, then its getting my activation code (which i think ill find on the avid manager app thing) onto the ilok..?

This is beginning to frustrate me a bit, my subscription is slowly counting down the days left and I have yet to open the program... (haha)
MBOX2

Old 09-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Okay, PT installed good, and seems well. When I try to open the program, I get a dialog box with "The server is currently unavailable. This may be due to a scheduled maintenance or a service outage of some kind. There is no estimate for when the server will be available."
When i close the dialog box, no program is open or available.
When I open ilok manager, exact same quote as above in a similar dialog box, but when i close the dialog box I can stay in the program. Although when I try to sign in, same dialog box.
I researched this a lot online and it seems to be the same message a lot of people got. Changing some internet connection settings works for people, but not for me. Getting the ilok manager online is my biggest issue at the moment, then its getting my activation code (which i think ill find on the avid manager app thing) onto the ilok..?

This is beginning to frustrate me a bit, my subscription is slowly counting down the days left and I have yet to open the program... (haha)
you should have a folder called Avid Uninstallers .. unless you are planning to use the Cloud Collaborations Features of PT12 (and with your internet connection it might be impossible) then i would uninstall it .. most of us do for the time being .. and also uninstall the Avid Application Manager .. this is probably what you are seeing with the Server unavailable ..

do not try to use pro tools until your iLok issue is resolved .. it will just toss you errors as it cannot find it's license ..

so concentrate on getting your iLok manager up and running and type that activation code in .. 1st priority ..

cheers john

RME BabyFace Pro
Old 09-15-2016, 07:59 AM

That Avid app Manager is where i thought my activation code would be found, as I can not find it anywhere on Avid.com in my account where my downloads are.
MBOX2