Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 AM

Default New Pro Tools 9.0 install and "Engine.dpm" won't load

Hello,

I installed my first Avid Pro Tools software yesterday, Pro Tools 9.0 and I thought everything went fine. When I try to instantiate the program is starts loading plug-ins and hangs when it reaches the "Engine.dpm" file.

I ran the Pro Tools 10 update program and it still does the same thing. I've used Digital Performer for years and it loads just fine.

I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue.

BMB
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM

Talking Re: New Pro Tools 9.0 install and "Engine.dpm" won't load

Just to bring this thread to a close, I fixed the problem. I removed the "Engine.dpm" files and everything is working it appears. Now I just have to learn how to use the program!!!

The offending file was evidently from a program that I demo'd so all is well. Sorry for any trouble but I'm running PT10 now so I'm off to play.

BMB
Old 05-11-2012, 02:05 PM

Default Re: New Pro Tools 9.0 install and "Engine.dpm" won't load

Take it slow and easy. Do a lot of reading and a lot of watching. Then when you jump in you will be like OH YEAH! Most programs are about the same. Just different HUI.

If you want everything in one. This is where I get a lot of tips and tricks. Russ is a great teacher.
http://www.airusersblog.com/

Good luck BIGMACBOY.