How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Installing PACE should not be a requirement as Win installer should be installing PACE during install and Mac installer on launch (after entering password). We are investigating to see if there may be a bug here. In the meantime, if this is happening please install PACE and hopefully that resolves the issue.
This is what I was referencing. I installed and errors. That's not right. Yes, all drivers are installed.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormstudios View Post
This is what I was referencing. I installed and errors. That's not right. Yes, all drivers are installed.
You installed what and errors? The Editor or the iLok Manager?

As the quote says, the iLok Manager is required, it should be installed automatically, but if it is not, then install it from www.ilok.com

Have you tried that yet?

Does your system meet the other requirements?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-24-2014, 09:56 AM

Installed the editor on a brand new Mac Mini system running Logic Pro X. I did have to install the iLok Manager separately, but once that was done all is well. Also, I was able to create an aggregate sound device from the 11R and my Focusrite Pro 40. Works like a charm!

This was the missing piece for my migration to Mac/Mavericks from my old Windows 7 machine (didn't want to lose the editor). And with the aggregate sound device, re-amping is a snap.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 PM

Ok, got it to work after installing the iLok Manager separately first and then taking the advice from pitbulltodd to just wait for a while. Thanks for that man.

After the first start the blank window filled the screen, just as before, but I didn't touch anything this time.
After the editor had been loaded the window minimized to hold just the editor. When I grabbed the window to position it slightly, the window maximized again and wouldn't minimize so now I had the editor in it's normal size in a huge blank window.
I shut it down and restarted it and after that it's been working as it's supposed to with the correct size of the window and I can now also move the editor around the screen.

Just one thing that needs to be fixed so far...it takes over a minute for this editor to load!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-N View Post
Ok, got it to work after installing the iLok Manager separately first and then taking the advice from pitbulltodd to just wait for a while. Thanks for that man.

After the first start the blank window filled the screen, just as before, but I didn't touch anything this time.
After the editor had been loaded the window minimized to hold just the editor. When I grabbed the window to position it slightly, the window maximized again and wouldn't minimize so now I had the editor in it's normal size in a huge blank window.
I shut it down and restarted it and after that it's been working as it's supposed to with the correct size of the window and I can now also move the editor around the screen.

Just one thing that needs to be fixed so far...it takes over a minute for this editor to load!
It takes a minute everytime or just the first time? Mine takes about 18-20 seconds.

Do you also have Pro Tools installed? Are you on OSX or Windows?

The white/blank window is a known issue that is listed in the ReadMe

Quote:
On first launch after installation, Eleven Rack Editor window displays white space when moved. (Windows only) (Item #152)

When first launching Eleven Rack Editor, the application window is maximized and displays extra white space if the window is moved.
Quit and re-launch Eleven Rack Editor to correct this issue.
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...d_Me_80929.pdf

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
A couple of days ago I updated my ILM software; when I install the 11R editor will it overwrite what I have?
I've asked PACE about software installation a few times over the years, and ever since a third-party plug-in included an old version of the pace software installer actually did overwrite a newer version, that has not been possible for several years now according to PACE. Newer components should be prevented from ever being replaced by older ones, based on the last few years of pace installers.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-N View Post
awesome, glad u got it working
Old 01-24-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I've asked PACE about software installation a few times over the years, and ever since a third-party plug-in included an old version of the pace software installer actually did overwrite a newer version, that has not been possible for several years now according to PACE. Newer components should be prevented from ever being replaced by older ones, based on the last few years of pace installers.
Thanks Bruce. I've been the victim in the past of installers overwriting what was newer versions of software with older versions like Pace here.

QAPLA!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
I am having the same issue with Win 7 Pro.

Yes I just let it run too. Then a few minutes later, it reported that it was loading rigs and getting layout (the two little progress windows appeared) then it minimized itself to the task bar and there it stayed.

I tied to kill the process but it still ran. I had the crash the window (right click close) in order for it to stop.

Pro Tools 11 and 10 are both still running without any issue.

Weird to say the least.

OK uninstalled the editor - Reinstalled 11R driver - reinstalled the editor - reinstalled the ILM (although my both Pro Tools installations still ran fine).

Launch 11R Editor and waits with program not responding at the top of the window.

After between 1 and 3 minutes, the progress windows show up. First one says it is loading rigs, and finishes. Then the next one says it is getting rig layouts, then it minimizes to the task bar once again and nothing.

I still have to crash the window to get out of it.

Any ideas?

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |

Old 01-24-2014, 05:36 PM

Installed the editor no problem and it works a treat in PT11. It also works in PT10 though you don't need it there; it's just that if you happen to have the editor open and then you open PT10. One problem with that though is if you have the editor open and when you're done with PT10 when you go to quit PT10 PT10 hangs and you have to force quit - at least I did on the system in my sig file.

QAPLA!