Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2017, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Kontakt 5 multiple outputs in PT12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Simple that way, but NI recommends one instance with many instruments for reducing CPU load

https://support.native-instruments.c...Host-Sequencer
Once again NI has gotten it wrong. Using many instruments in one instance of Kontakt piles all that cpu usage onto one cpu core - it doesn't reduce the cpu load. Using single instruments in single instances of Kontakt spreads out the cpu load. This is true for any multi-timbral vi. If one goes the NI way using instruments in Kontakt with heavy scripting you'll quickly choke that cpu.

QAPLA!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:19 AM

If you search my username, and either Kontakt, or Drum mica (the free Sennheiser drum instrument for Kontakt) you should find a thread where we discussed getting multiple outputs working properly.

I'm pretty sure in one post I gave step by step instructions, and I may possibly have uploaded a Kontakt preset, or PT session - I can't remember in the end.

I'd provide the link here, but I'm on my phone, and tapatalk has been acting funky for months, so there's no way I can search, or copy links (and forget about navigating the DUC in Safari on this thing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2017, 08:25 AM

I can share my Drummica track preset with the proper routing, just drop this file into C:users/name/documents/Pro Tools/track presets/drums or use guitardom's Trasher if you are on pc and it should allow you to create all the thing with one click:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mrhicn1gd...stic.ptxt?dl=0
Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmmik View Post
I'm having trouble getting all of the outputs I assign in an instance of Kontakt 5 running as an instrument in PT 12.5. I set up a few instruments and 8 stereo outputs in Kontakt. Saved the session, closed the session, reopened the session.

I have created 8 instrument tracks in my PT session. The first has Kontakt as an insert and it by default is the audio output of the first stereo output from Kontakt(st.1). The remaining seven instrument tracks are for the other outputs of Kontakt. I should be able to go their input field and select 'plug-ins - Kontakt 5 - st.3, st.4, etc...' but when I go to assign their inputs, I get 1 additional stereo track (st.2) and the 4 aux outputs. Missing are stereo outputs 3 through 8.

Any thoughts?
I noticed this exact same problem this week. Funny thing is that even the standalone version seems to be having the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 02-06-2018, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
I noticed this exact same problem this week. Funny thing is that even the standalone version seems to be having the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?
Setting up an output.cfg file in Kontakt isn't easy - I know because I slogged through that a couple of years back creating different cfg files. I have ones for 8 and 16 stereo outs in PT, 8 stereo outs in DP and a standalone. Free to anyone that wants them - drop me an email and I'll send them.

What one has to watch out for is that Kontakt can be set to run a specific output.cfg file for wherever it's being used. Buy default when run in PT Kontakt runs a bog-stock no frills output setup. You have to specifically set a new default config in order for that to come up whenever you insert Kontakt in PT.

Whenever I use Kontakt in PT I have it on one instrument track and for any other MIDI I need to feed it I use separate MIDI tracks. I don't always use separate outs from Kontakt but when I do I'll have either an aux or audio track in PT set to receive the Kontakt audio. Never had an issue assigning the inputs to those tracks in PT.

QAPLA!