Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 AM

Default Euphonix MC Mix vs. Avid Artist Mix ??

Hey!

I was planning on investing in a couple of new Avid Artist Mix modules. But I just found a local person who is selling two new-in-a-box Euphonix MC Mix that would save me some money.

Does anyone know definitively if there is any advantage to the Avid branded product over the original Euphonix models?

Jack Prewitt
Rochester, NY
Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Euphonix MC Mix vs. Avid Artist Mix ??

I don<t know about the Artist mix. But I have 2 Mc Mix; a "demo unit" bought from a store and a used one, bought from a local person. The two are the same except for the rotary encoders. The rotary encoders on the demo unit (newer, I imagine) have a "smoother" feel than those on my "used" one.
I imagine that the Artist mix have the smoother rotary encoders.

PT Ultimate - Mac Studio M1 Max - Monterey - RME Fireface UFX II - 2x S1, 1x Dock with an iPad 7th gen - Genelec 8330 5.1 setup
Old 04-11-2014, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Euphonix MC Mix vs. Avid Artist Mix ??

One thing to note: I think the euphonix mc mix is a great device if you buy it used (be sure to try it first). The price tag on new unit is a bit to much IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
The Euphonix facia may BUT it can be replaced with an Artist Mix facia without too much aggravation...in fact that is exactly what I have...An MC Mix in Artist clothing.
I<m curius... how much did it cost you for an artist replacement faceplate. I must admit that the Artist faceplate is looking cool.

PT Ultimate - Mac Studio M1 Max - Monterey - RME Fireface UFX II - 2x S1, 1x Dock with an iPad 7th gen - Genelec 8330 5.1 setup