Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2017, 05:17 PM

Default Dune 2 and Reason 9.5

Every since Reason came out with VST support with ver 9.5, I've been having a good time creating all sorts of new patches using Reason's Combinator hosting different VI combinations and layers...exactly what Combinator is for. All the VST versions of my VIs work just fine EXCEPT Synpase Audio's Dune 2. The AAX version works just fine and dandy in Pro Tools. But it will not play nice with Reason 9.5 and I have no idea why.

Before anyone asks:
Yes, I have the latest versions of both Reason AND Dune 2.
Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled them. Twice for Dune 2...no joy.
Yes, the VST version of Dune 2 works just fine when hosted in BlueCat Patchwork.
Yes, its the 64bit version

The behavior is I bring Dune 2 into the Reason rack. Then, every time I click on "open" to open the VI, Reason gives me the "Reason is not responding..." message, and then it shuts down. It is the ONLY VI of all of them that does this. I have NO idea why. I don't even know where to look or what to look for to solve it.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I was hoping to put Dune 2 into Reason's Combinator to create some wild new patch set-ups for a project...but so far, no joy!

Anyone?