Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 02-13-2017, 06:47 PM

Default Fast Track Ultra Windows 10 drivers are sorely needed

Hello,

With the Fast Track Ultra on Windows 10 I will get a bluescreen and DPC Watchdog Violation error if the MIDI data sent to my interface in Max is outside of a particular range. I have emailed Cycling 74 about this problem and they assure me it is a problem with the interface.

I have emailed AVID support about this issue and I am not satisfied with the response of "we no longer support this product". It would not take much effort to modify the current drivers to fix this issue, and there's no way in hell I am buying a new interface when it works fine otherwise.

Please, for the love of god, have some dignity and address this issue and stop treating your customers like morons.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Ultra Windows 10 drivers are sorely needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drthatguy View Post
Hello,

With the Fast Track Ultra on Windows 10 I will get a bluescreen and DPC Watchdog Violation error if the MIDI data sent to my interface in Max is outside of a particular range. I have emailed Cycling 74 about this problem and they assure me it is a problem with the interface.

I have emailed AVID support about this issue and I am not satisfied with the response of "we no longer support this product". It would not take much effort to modify the current drivers to fix this issue, and there's no way in hell I am buying a new interface when it works fine otherwise.

Please, for the love of god, have some dignity and address this issue and stop treating your customers like morons.
Have you tried these solutions yet?

https://usefulpcguide.com/17082/dpc-watchdog-violation/

You can also use BlueScreenView, a free utility to scan and find out the reasons why your computer gets DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD error.

Post back your result from BlueScreenView so I can help further, in case the issue persists.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Hello,

If this error is occurring on your Windows computer, you are not alone because I have received many reports from users who faced this issue before. So what the DPC Watchdog Violation error is and how to fix this annoying problem?
Old 08-03-2017, 12:47 AM

Can you do recovering process
Old 08-03-2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Hello,

It's an about a ten year old interface that has formally been end of life'ed, and belonged to a brand that Avid sold off to InMusic, and Avid effectively exited the whole consumer audio interface market segment... So I expect you are pretty much wasting your time asking for anything. You likely need to look for a new interface.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-03-2017 at 04:41 AM.