Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2012, 07:22 AM

Default HELP! Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 not starting

My Pro Tools LE setup recently stopped working. About a week ago I went to boot up my studio MAC (PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8, OS X 10.5.8 running PT LE 8.0.1, I think) and the MAC didn't boot. The fan ran at a high speed and the computer wasn't starting, so I pressed the power button to reboot. It shut down, then I restarted, and the computer started fine. HOWEVER, now Pro Tools LE won't start. I click on the icon and it bounces for a minute, then nothing. If I right click on the icon it gives me a "Application Not Responding". What's odd is that iTunes is doing the same thing, and also, the USB port doesn't seem to work consistently.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've run Disk Utility and Disk Warrior on the drive and fixed several problems. I've completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the software. Also, here's the screwy part - when I reinstalled, I went through the whole process of installing 7.0 from my disc, then upgrading it using a download. When I had 7.0 installed, I started Pro Tools and it started up and went through all the processes (loading plug-ins, etc...) until it got to starting up the DAE, at which point is gave me an incompatibility error (which was expected, since 7.0 isn't compatible w/ 10.5.8). However, once I installed the 8.0, it just gives me the "application not responding".

One thing to note: This system is NOT connected to the internet (hasn't been since my last upgrade about 18 months ago) and hasn't been changed or upgraded in any way since then. Pro Tools LE has been running fine since then. This crash just came out of the blue.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I've been down almost a week now and have missed out on several paying gigs.

Thanks,

Steve
sfahlsing [at] bonfirela dot com
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM

Default Re: HELP! Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 not starting

Try reinstalling the 10.5.8 OSX Combo updater.
http://support.apple.com/downloads/M...8_Combo_Update

I didn't think you were supposed to install PTLE 7 and then update. I thought version 8 was a complete installer
and you needed to remove all traces of ver 7.