Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Plugin Authorization help.

Hey, guys. Just browsing looking for any "How To's" on how to authroize my plugins. From everything I have read, I have done everything that I have found online, and I still don't get to authorize my plugs...Here's the meat:

I bought MBox2 Mini with PTLE 7.3 including Ignition Pack 2 and a buncha goodies, like FREE Bomb factory plugins, yadda, yadda, yadda.

So, I have an iLok, it is registered, and can even be Sync't anytime I want. My PTLE/MBox2/Ignition Pack are registered with keys and everything @ Digidesign.com. It even gives me the activation codes for all those nifty things.
Well, we all know the screen that asks you to authorize or quit installing the plugins, and we all know the options after you click authorize, and that the automatic/internet authorization no longer works.
We also know, based on online support, that iLok's come pre-loaded with authorizations, and any plugins that you buy or register online are supposed to send the Auth's to your iLok useer account to be transfered to your iLok key.
So why don't I have ANY authorizations. I followed all the steps included in the package, including giving the cards to a japanese friend to see if there was anything hidden that I was missing in the multilingual portion of the card. I also read all the .pdf and support paperwork that I could find, including 3rd party posters and forums. I have wasted A LOT of time trying to get all these plugins working and can't get any feedback from tech support from any of the plugin makers, Digidesign, or PACE/iLok. Does ANYONE have any possible ideas that I can tinker with? or which of these plugins should I jsut ditch because they cost to use?

Here are the plugins that I am asked to Auth when I load ProTools. (I know some of these are "demo" or not really usable plugins w/o paying a buncha money. I don't know which ones, and I don't care, but I should be able to access more than just iZotope Lite plugins [trash, ozone, ect...] Reason/ReWire, and DigiRack. I also know that I am not listing some of the plugins that came with the system, but that is because those work )

Music Production Toolkit
DVToolkit 2
Bomb Factory BF-2A
Bomb Factory BF-3A
Broadband Noise Reduction LE
Cosmonaut Voice
Fairchild 660
Fairchild 670
Focusrite d2/d3
Focusrite d2/d3 (I know...it asks twice)
JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
D-Fi
Maxim
Moogerfooger Analog Delay
Moogerfooger Lowpass Filter
Moogerfooger 12-Stage Phaser
Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Pultec EQH-2
Pultec EQP-1A
Pultec MEQ-5
Purple Audio MC77
D-Fi (again)
SansAmp PSA-1
D-Fi (it really wants this one)
Slightly Rude Compressor
Smack! LE
Sonic NoNOISE
SoundReplacer
SurroundScope
Synchronic
Tel-Ray Delay
D-Fi (werd)
VocALign Project LE
Voce Chorus/Vibrato
Voce Spin
DigiTranslator

That's all of them.
BTW, I have tried installing/reinstalling/unistalling everything.
I went through the "remove plugins" forum. All it did was take out EVERYTHING...even took out DIGIRack. I am at a loss here guys. I am a geek and can usually figure this stuff out. And don't ask about my system specs, because there isn't anything that has to do with what I am running...I configured this box specifically for PTLE 7.3.x MBox2 Mini yadda, yadda, yadda. I get no errors, no lag, no problems running PTLE what-so-ever. I just want to use what I paid for...

Help?
Mikey
Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Plugin Authorization help.

Quote:
I just want to use what I paid for...
I hate to break the bad news to you, but it sounds like you are. The DVDs included with pro tools have a lot of demo plugs on them. None of those plugs you listed are included in the ignition pack so unless you bought them separately or some kind of bundle. What you actually paid for is installed and working. What you don't own is requesting an auth.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 05-31-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Plugin Authorization help.

Exactly.

Quote:
We also know, based on online support, that iLok's come pre-loaded with authorizations
This is not necessarily true. You can purchase a blank ilok. iloks that come with factory bundles do indeed come with authorizations pre-loaded, but not all iloks come with plugins already on them.
Quote:
any plugins that you buy or register online are supposed to send the Auth's to your iLok useer account to be transfered to your iLok key.
This is not true either. They don't "send" the authorizations, you must connect to your account at ilok.com and actively download them to your ilok.

For the record, the following plugins do not come with ANY version of Pro Tools or any of the "bundles" and are only available with a separate purchase:

Music Production Toolkit (which includes the following:)
  • Broadband Noise Reduction LE
  • SoundReplacer
DVToolkit 2(which includes the following:)
  • Broadband Noise Reduction LE
  • VocALign Project LE
  • DigiTranslator
Fairchild 660
Fairchild 670
Focusrite d2/d3
Moogerfooger Lowpass Filter
Moogerfooger 12-Stage Phaser
Pultec EQH-2
Pultec EQP-1A
Pultec MEQ-5
Purple Audio MC77
Slightly Rude Compressor
Smack! LE
Sonic NoNOISE
SurroundScope
Synchronic
Bomb Factory BF-2A

If you didn't specifically purchase those items at an extra (a few significant) cost, then you do not have authorizations for those.

There are a few "bundles that are available when you purchase Pro Tools, but as far as I was aware, none of them are available with the MBox mini. The following plugins are available in these respective bundles:

The Producer Factory Bundle (also available with the purchase of the MBox 2 and MBox 2 Pro at an extra cost)
JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
Cosmonaut Voice
Maxim

The Producer Factory Pro Bundle (also available with the purchase of the 003, 003R. 002 and 002R at an extra cost)

JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
Cosmonaut Voice
Maxim
Bomb Factory BF-3A
D-Fi
  • Lo-Fi
  • Sci-Fi
  • Recti-Fi
  • Vari-Fi (why it asks for auth 4 times)
Tel-Ray Delay
SansAmp PSA-1
Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Voce Chorus/Vibrato
Voce Spin

If you did not specifically purchase those bundles, then you do not have authorizations for them.

Installers for those particular plugins and accessories are included on the program installation disks to keep costs low and at a convenience to those users who already own them. Many people make the mistake of installing everything that is included on the installation disks (even without reading that they are in specific directories clearly indicating that they aren't included ).

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12