Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 09:48 AM

Default Best Two channel Micpreamp?

Has anyone heard the new Universal Audio SOLO/110 Mic/DI Solidstate Preamp or the two channel Great River Mic pre? I am looking for a highquality two channel Micpreamp with two nice DI Inputs to run into the 192i/O. I am running A true Systems Precision 8 as of now but would like to find a nice two channel Preamp for my Protools rig! I was thinking of getting two of the Universal Audio SOLO/110s but I am not sure if this is the biggest bang for the buck! My bugget is $2,250.00 or below. Comments or suggestions please!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Best Two channel Micpreamp?

Grace
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 02-22-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Has anyone heard the new Universal Audio SOLO/110 Mic/DI Solidstate Preamp or the two channel Great River Mic pre? I am looking for a highquality two channel Micpreamp with two nice DI Inputs to run into the 192i/O. I am running A true Systems Precision 8 as of now but would like to find a nice two channel Preamp for my Protools rig! I was thinking of getting two of the Universal Audio SOLO/110s but I am not sure if this is the biggest bang for the buck! My bugget is $2,250.00 or below. Comments or suggestions please!
Get an API lunchbox and a couple of modules- will sound great and leave you room to expand later.

JR

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 02-22-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Get an API lunchbox and a couple of modules- will sound great and leave you room to expand later.

JR

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 02-22-2006, 10:33 AM

I just herd some wonderful recordings that were tracked through an AM16.
Amazing sounding vocals. (the mic was a tube custom "Bob" mic)
Old 02-22-2006, 02:01 PM

Check out the Aurora GTQ2.. It's built by Geoff Tanner (former Neve engineer)1073 style with EQ..
The DI's sound fantastic too!!

Rob
Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 PM

Since you have and obviously like the P8, what about the True Sytems P2????

Grace 802 is pretty excellent too!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:56 PM

define best:
clean minimal color?: Hardy M-1s are nice
or
Neve 10xx style w/ lots of harmonic color?: Neve/ original UA 610/ API/ Helios are all nice and all different

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 02-22-2006, 05:48 PM

Love the Great River MP2-NV
www.zeropointrecording.com
Old 02-22-2006, 07:17 PM

I do like the true systems 8 channel I have! despite this I am really wanting to go to a super quality two channel with two Direct ins! The way the direct ins sound is very important to me for I am mainly using those most the time with my boutiqe Analog hardware Synthesisers. I do mainly electronic music and would like a preamp with little to minimum color and something that sounds even better than the True Systems 8 channel I already have If this is possible! Ive been hearing a buzz on this great River Mic Preamp which is modeled after one of the Neve models I am told. Basically something good on Harware synths,Vocals,And guitar! Something that sounds great on everything. Keep em commin!