Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2004, 09:09 AM

Default Volume Automation linked to faders?

Hello,

Is there a way, once you have done volume automation, to link the automation to the Faders in the mix window so you can adjust the volumes keeping the integrity of the automations you've created. It seems silly to have to trim each automation line to adjust the overall volume of each track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tim
Old 01-11-2004, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Volume Automation linked to faders?

I'm hoping that I understood your question correctly... Just to clarify, after you've set your automation volume using the 'little hand' cursor in the edit screen, or by using auto write, or auto touch, you want to be able to increase or decrese the volume of that particular track without destroying the automation setting you have made... right?
If so, what you will do is change the view of that particular track's view in the edit window to volume. This will show you the 'volume line' for that track, and you'll be able to see your automation settings. Then using the TRIM tool, you can 'push' the entire volume for that track up or down, retaining your automation lines (settings).

Zetajazz44
Old 01-11-2004, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Volume Automation linked to faders?

just use the trim plugin. its mono only, so if you're using it on a stereo track, you need to look under multi-mono.