Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2010, 07:25 AM

Default Re: HD OMNI assistance please

Thanks that would be a god send I have 2 contracts to do urgently, sound post. if you could do in your afternoon it would be ready for my morning but I am not gonna push it. Thanks a million, I have been stressing.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 AM

Just sent you an email.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Hi

Just a update, Thanks Third Eye for the pref patch's. However Protools is not responding as consistant with our initial problems. No matter what we have tried PT hangs on DAE loaded and will do so until windows recognises that it is not responding. I will paste Digidesign japan's response, also digijp also recieved by email the log files from our attempt on the xp installation after our trouble shooting.

Thanks for your reply and more information.

As you explained here, it seems not to be the actual Omni i/o or HD card issue, it seems more system compatibilities.

I researched for DAE loaded issue on our database and in most of cases it is from incompatibility between the PC and Pro Tools system.

As you know, we only support for few models of Windows computer, and I am afraid that we do not have much information about the other PCs.

HP Z800 Workstation http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm...5&itemid=40183

HP xw8600 Workstation http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm...5&itemid=30169

You could ask in DUC(http://duc.digidesign.com/) and if anyone uses similar configuration, you might be able to get some information

this has left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth, they are sorry for my inconvenience though which is nice. My brother has another p.c, we will give this ago, however he is out of town for a week, so I guess I will just start my 2 projects in le and perhaps bounce down in hd if I get it going. I think a little less of my system now including the hd. Yes I know poor little Wawili Sound is demoralised. Thanks everyone :)
Old 09-30-2010, 11:54 PM

Try re-seating the core card - simply remove it out of the PCI slot, blow out the dust, wipe the contacts on the card and plug it back in. I've fixed weird problems I had before by doing this, not sure which error numbers I was getting but this fixed it even though the card was passing the digi test.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:59 AM

Sorry it didn't work. Wish you could get access to another interface to try like a 96i/o or 192.

Have you tried running Pro Tools as administrator?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Hi

New computer so no dust to blow out, yes re seated card and also tried other PCI slots. Yeah bit of a pitty I cant access another interface. But really I think digi is right it could be my PC which is similar to alot of users out there. I got LE to work on the P.C we designed for HD in fact it rocks. so will work on projects in LE and hopefully fix prob and do final mix and bounce down in hD. Thanks everyone I will let you know how we go, Let you know if our build works or if you should avoid it, we have a nice mac and amd pc to try card and interface on. wish me luck lol.

I think I deserve a free heat license lol!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Avid

Try trashing DSI and prefs:

Go to regedit (Run>enter 'regedit') and navigate to:

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOWFTWARE\Digidesign\DSI

Delete the DSI folder.

Then trash Prefs:

My Computer\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Digidesign

Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 AM

Hi

Thanks for the idea, however no such folder to delete (DSI) there was a eleven file in there. We couldnt install on Mac either as OS is out of date or incorrect OS on Mac and its not our computer which is running final cut and we dare not make that system unstable by messing with OS. Wish it would just work, might have to knock back contract.

Going to try AMD computer in the morning, wish there was some support in Australia but basicly none. But they do have Sebalius support which is.... all I can do now is laugh unless I lose contract in which case I will not.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Have you tried a front panel reset on the Omni?

Read how to do that here:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=376979
Skipping step one if you don't have the DSI folder.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:04 PM

Hi

Just a update got the card back tested ok Put in PC reset omni as suggested and it works fine, please also take note of the mother board cpu and build I am using as they work fine with windows 7 64.

Thanks everyone as I am now able to honour contract, so yeah dont plug in interface as you are instructed to do in install 8.03 just wait till 8.1 then plug in also reset interface for good measure. I problem was not a dae error but it hanging on DAE loaded.