Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Default Why on earth would an update 8.0.3 not be powerpc comp

I am so pissed. I cant upgrade because I have an G5 powerPC.
An update for gods sake. I can see if it was a new version but an update!!!!!!
I was able to update on 8.0.1 and now here is a version that fixes some serious issues that 8.0.1 has (that i was able to install) and I cant update!!!
DAMN YOU DIGIDESIGN.

PLEASE make the update compatible. Screw me on version 9 not right in the middle of a release with tons of bugs (8.0.1)
Old 12-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Why on earth would an update 8.0.3 not be powerpc comp

PS I know this was addressed in another thread but I need a new one to vent. DIGI do the right thing.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURORA4DTH View Post
PS I know this was addressed in another thread but I need a new one to vent. DIGI do the right thing.
I don't wanna add fuel to ur fire but the truth will only do that in this case; that won't happen do to the fact Snow Leopard is the culprit & Apple is who u have the gripe with; think about how long, or should I say how quick they move from OS to OS; & they're the ones that dropped PPC 1st so what can Digi do about that when new customers that are actually buying new product are buying new Macs? With Snow Leopard?.. & thatz Digi's fault rite?

Thatz why I myself stay away from MY Mac(I specify MY Mac b/c I do have 1 but prefer to stay on a computer OS that doesn't change like NBA teams records... (every other day)...jus sayin although I know this doesn't help u & u don't wanna hear it but truth isn't always the best like non-fiction is

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 12-16-2009, 09:58 PM

KEY
Digi CAN and should support a fix for ll the SERIOUS issues with 8.0.1.

Yes apple are money hungry mongrels as well but Asking digi to fix some serious issues that THEY gave me with 8.0.1 is not unheard of.

It can be done.

They should have said before the release of 8 that powerpc would not be supported 6 months after they sell me 8.

At the very least make 8 work correct before discontinuing support.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
I don't wanna add fuel to ur fire but the truth will only do that in this case; […] what can Digi do about that when new customers that are actually buying new product are buying new Macs? With Snow Leopard?.. & thatz Digi's fault rite?
The 8.0.3 is compatible with both Leopard and Snow Leopard. There’s no reason for this update to be limited to Intel machines, since Leopard runs on PPC also.

Here’s a polite request for Digidesign to reconsider its stance.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 PM

And before you say "Digi didnt give you these problems"
I know
I downloaded it i installed it but I did so with the assurance that it work work correctly.

If you hire me to build you a house and I give you a 3/4 completed house did I keep my end of the deal????
Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 PM

I totally get what ur sayin as well, but think about this; how soon did Apple go from Leopard to SL? Or from Tiger to Leopard for that matter...

Now, I do recall that they/Digi said that PPC would be supported up to 8.0.2 so I am to assume that they jumped the gun to get up & going to keep up with the company whom some think should be a monoply/Apple

U know u can't even by a new Mac & put an older OS on it... How crazy/stupid is that??? But again, this is the company most so love, & blame Digi for there jackups... AGAIN, & I don't know what issues ur having with 8.0.1, but yeah they should get on the 8.0.2 as they said for the ones who can't move on or do the cs updates on .1 with some fixes they made in .3

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 12-16-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
There’s no reason for this update to be limited to Intel machines, since Leopard runs on PPC also.

Yeah but SL won't rite?

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 PM

They just fixed the Matrix bug on PRO CONTROL.

Who's to say that they still won't release a seperate update for PPC Mac's under a different upcoming update?

I haven't been reading every thread, so excuse me if I missed Digitechsupt saying PPC is frozen in time, but it sure seems like a majority of threads are people screaming Fire before they even smell smoke??

Did they say no more updates for PPC EVER? Or can they still fix and distribute cs updates seperately for the PPC Mac's if needed? I mean historically, most their 'last gen' releases for their products have been pretty stable, IE 6.4 and 001's. I'd say that has been fine, there might be some bugs, but overall most people are happy if they stayed there with their 001 and still making music.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:55 PM

KEYS
once again I agree and do not like how apple does business but I have been on apple since day 1 so i will never change to windows because I despise them even more. I will take the lesser of the two evils.
As far as issues in 8.0.1 Where do I start?? Just check around and Im sure you will see there are some serious bugs going on.

PREMO
Man I hope you are correct in a Final 8.0.2 fix for us. This would make me 100% happy. Even if I don't get all the little stuff 8.0.3 has, I just want a solid final version. Or in the very least a version that fixes most of the issues.