Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2018, 03:36 PM

Default Track Preset issues

I'm having issues with Track Presets in ProTools Ultimate. First issue is that nothing is saving when I select the "clips in Edit Selection Only". Every time I select that I get the error "Could not save because out of range..." I can save if I leave that unchecked. I go to my Track Presets folder and see a .ptxp file with, for example, a 400mg size. When I go to Recall Presets I can see it (when I right click), I select it and nothing happens. When I go to the Workspace browser to see if it's there it is missing. So it's not working as it should.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Track Preset issues

So has anyone had this issue? Can Avid check in about this? I've tried on two separate machines, two different sessions and still getting the same error. It works fine if you don't check the "clips in Edit selection only" but otherwise it never works.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:31 PM

Update. So the track presets with media do work for me in a small two track session so there is something about the bigger sessions that seem to make it not work. Also, when I recalled the track preset in the smaller session it did not spot or follow the timeline selection. It didn't even place the clips at the top of the session. It seems totally random.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Update. So the track presets with media do work for me in a small two track session so there is something about the bigger sessions that seem to make it not work. Also, when I recalled the track preset in the smaller session it did not spot or follow the timeline selection. It didn't even place the clips at the top of the session. It seems totally random.
You're not alone...

I have exactly the same problem with long session....(i work in post)

Ptools Hd 18.4 on Sierra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP ERROR.jpg (18.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 PM

I spoke with Avid yesterday at length and did a screen share. It seems that this doesn't work with any audio imported from an AAF which is completely ridiculous since it seems primarily created for people in post. I had a session where most of the clips were brought in from an AAF directly from Media Composer version 8.6.5 and none of those clips could be saved as a track preset. I did have files that I directly created in the PT session after the import and those were able to be saved. We also did a Save Copy as and none of that worked either which was very strange so there is either some issue with metadata or unique ID or something further bedded into the audio. Either way it doesn't work yet. They told me that I was the first person to contact them with this issue which I find pretty hard to believe.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I It seems that this doesn't work with any audio imported from an AAF .
Thank for sharing info

But,i don't think so....

No AAF and no OMF import in my 5.1 edit session...

If i try to do a track preset with one of my stems with all audio clips (90mn session)
It work

If i try to do a track preset with one of my stems with only 2mn of audio clips(90mn session)
(clips in Edit Selection Only"

It crash ("Could not save because out of range.)

If i move 2mn of audio clips on an empty stem(without audio clip before and after my selection),and do a track preset (90mn session)
(clips in Edit Selection Only")
It work

anyone had this issue ?
Old 08-01-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I'm having issues with Track Presets in ProTools Ultimate. First issue is that nothing is saving when I select the "clips in Edit Selection Only". Every time I select that I get the error "Could not save because out of range..." I can save if I leave that unchecked. I go to my Track Presets folder and see a .ptxp file with, for example, a 400mg size. When I go to Recall Presets I can see it (when I right click), I select it and nothing happens. When I go to the Workspace browser to see if it's there it is missing. So it's not working as it should.

I’m getting this as well (the “out of range” error). Also sometimes track presets that saved ok have missing media when re-imported - some empty clips, although some clips are ok. My sessions are always from AAFs although it doesn’t make any difference whether media is MXF or WAV. This would be a great feature for post if it worked properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 PM

OK, so on further investigation, it's not actually clips from AAFs - just clips from field recorders. When I de-selected my location tracks, it worked, even though there was a music track that came in via AAF.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:59 AM

Hi guys

On ProTools Ultimate 2018.10.0 on a MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 at work.

Having the same issue with this 'out of range-poly alt' error-message when trying to save a Track Preset for multiple tracks with clips selected over a region.
And in the sessions I work on there are no AAF/OMF imported tracks or Field Recorder Guide Track linked-tracks. Only sounds from libraries.

Anybody got to find a solution for it? I already trashed the preferences but it didn't help..

greets
Pro Tools 2022.9
Old 08-22-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasvr View Post
Hi guys

On ProTools Ultimate 2018.10.0 on a MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 at work.

Having the same issue with this 'out of range-poly alt' error-message when trying to save a Track Preset for multiple tracks with clips selected over a region.
And in the sessions I work on there are no AAF/OMF imported tracks or Field Recorder Guide Track linked-tracks. Only sounds from libraries.

Anybody got to find a solution for it? I already trashed the preferences but it didn't help..

greets
According to the compatibility chart PT 2018.10 is not compatible with OSX 10.13.6; it's only good up to OSX 10.13.3 so that may be the problem.

QAPLA!