Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-16-2018, 01:17 AM

Default Pro Tools 12.2 academic won't run on my edu license

Hi.

I have a problem... I bought several years ago a PT 9 edu license and recieved all the free upgrades that came with it. First the 9+10 license and then upgrade to 10+11 license. (Which demanded surrendering the 9+10 license). I've been running PT 10 happily on windows 7 until computer hardware upgrade last week and while now on windows 10 neither PT 10 nor 11 will run on my new system.

Now to the instresting part... under "my products" in my Avid account I see PT 12.2 Academic also beeing included in the free upgrades. It also says "license PT 9" under the 12.2 tab. After install, PT 12.2 won't run saying there isn't a valid license on my ilok (which of course now has the PT 10+11 on it).

My personal guess is that I would need to have the original PT 9 license which is now surrendered and listed as "Not available" in my ilok license manager.
So does anybody now if there is a solution? I mean what is the point in having PT 12.2 included in the upgrades if it requires a license that you had to give up in an earlier stage of upgrades???

Hope somone can help, tried to contact Avid but still no reply...

Kenneth
Old 12-17-2018, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.2 academic won't run on my edu license (Solved)

Ok. So Avid finally got back to me and said indeed that the 12.2 was part of the upgrage promo package for students. They sent me an updated licence to my ilok account and everything should be ok now. No hassle... Happy days!

+1 for Avid!

/K
Old 03-31-2020, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.2 academic won't run on my edu license

Hi there,

I am going through the exact issue here. Bought PT 9 education bundle. Got upgrades to 10 and 11 when they came out. Now I have an upgrade to 12.2 that is sitting in my account, but my ilok activation doesn’t match up. I’ve tried calling customer support, but haven’t been able to reach anyone. Maybe there are not many people answering phones because of the pandemic stuff. But if anyone is able to help me here, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!