Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2002, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Studio furniture, any tips?

I emailed you some pics.
Please email me if anybdy else wants to see.
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

2+2=5
Old 09-03-2002, 02:01 PM

I just bought a Middle Atlantic straight desk and I'm very happy with it. I got the straight desk because I use monitor stands, but they have some other designs that might be useful to you. The desk is very stable and attractive and I stole it for $270 plus I got free shipping. They also have a lot of extra racks and computer enclosures so you can expand per your needs. Check out the Multidesk Video System.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:07 PM

Not really what you're looking for, but I think these coffee tables would look great in the lounge area of a studio!!

http://www.overkilldesign.com/fender.php

Mat [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Mackie Control Universal Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Intel MB P35 Express Chipset 1333Mhz FSB
Memory: 32GB DDR3-800
Old 09-03-2002, 03:08 PM

Quote:
APAULOS,
how long have you had this? Was the free shipping a deal or normal for them? Do you have any pics of your gear on the desk?
One last thing what were you using prior to getting the desk and how much of an improvement do you think it was.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I got the desk last week. Here's how I got that price... I did a search on the model # and found the lowest price from a place called CDW, while I was searching I found another place called Zzounds that claimed they could beat any price and give free shipping...They did. Just as a reference, Sweetwater sells this desk for about $400 PLUS shipping and it is heavy, and big. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera, sorry.

Prior to using this desk I was using a standard office desk. The biggest improvement is having a top shelf to put (computer)monitors on so that I can put my triton on the desk. The next biggest improvement is that it is the perfect height for a (musical)keyboard, I also like having the racks right in front of me...Perfect for synth modules! The top shelf is right where I want it too...The (computer)monitor isn't too high and with my (speaker)monitor stands, the speakers clear the desk very nicely-No extra schtuff in the way.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:31 PM

We just ordered a bunch of furniture from Argosyconsol.com. They have awesome stuff but it ain't cheap. If you are looking to go budget, try Raxxess.com
Old 09-03-2002, 07:59 PM

I'm going to be building custom studio furniture out of Lauan for a hobby/sidefun/small profit starting mid winter. Here's one of my prototypes:
<a href="http://www.eastcoastbands.com/img/console.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.eastcoastbands.com/img/console.jpg
</a>

Whats cool about them is that the top pulls off to grant easy access to the plugs in the back. The casters also allow easy access and protect the gear from water damage. The cpu case will mute about 75% of the cpu noise.

I have no idea what they will cost, but I'll have a webpage for it as soon as I get my workshop built.
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 09-04-2002, 12:32 AM

Default Studio furniture, any tips?

A nice not-too-bulky table to put two 17" TFT's on, two heavy Truths (on arms so I can move em around), a keyboard and 10 or 20 or so 19" units. And a spot for my computer of course! No space for a mixer required! Any tips? Good looks are not that important... And not too expensive!
Old 09-04-2002, 12:38 AM

Ominrax has some excellent desks that can be customized, but as expected they come with a very hefty price tag. $1000 +
If you can work a table saw and know how to use a level and tape measure, do what I did an build your own. It took me a good weekend and it ain't the prettiest thing you seen, but works for my needs. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

BTW, with MFD board, paint, and hardware, it cost me around $175.

2+2=5