Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 PM

Question Expansion Pack Question..

Hey guys,

Im new here and have just purchased the 11R i got it with pro tools LE 8 (Version 8.0.3) which is an older version.

However i was reading on the eleven rack website that the minimum version requirement to get the expansion pack is 8.0.4. Is this correct?? And if yes how am i going to get the expansion pack?

Thanks for any help
J
Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Expansion Pack Question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rpro View Post
Hey guys,

Im new here and have just purchased the 11R i got it with pro tools LE 8 (Version 8.0.3) which is an older version.

However i was reading on the eleven rack website that the minimum version requirement to get the expansion pack is 8.0.4. Is this correct?? And if yes how am i going to get the expansion pack?

Thanks for any help
J
You JUST bought an Eleven Rack? If so, then it appears you bought old stock. Unless you got it for less than MSRP, I would take it back to the store you purchased it from and ask for new stock.

These days the Eleven Rack includes Pro Tools 10, the Expansion Pack Pre-installed, and an iLok 2.

It would cost you about $550 (US dollars) to upgrade the bundle you have now - it breaks down like this:

Upgrade from LE8 to PT10 = $399

Expansion Pack = $99

iLok 2 (for PT license) = $49

Now to answer your question -

Yes, (if you keep the unit) you need to install PT LE 8.0.5 prior to installing the ERXP.

8.0.5 is a free update, you can get it here:

Pro Tools 8.0.5 Downloads and Details

Come by the Guitar section if you have anymore guitar or 11R related questions.
http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

And you can check out the links in my signature for a bunch of information about the Eleven Rack.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-07-2012, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the super quick reply...

Yes i do believe i bought old stock, thats the problem with buying things in Australia. Most stores only have one piece at a time and don't order until the old stock gets disposed. I paid AUD$850 which is supposed to be a "discounted" price from the RRP $1335 here. (I like how they make up prices here)...

Anyway that saved me the hassle of ordering one from the US, shipping etc etc - comes close to about $800 and surprisingly on ebay most of the dealers don't do it with the expansion pack on them. Im not too concerned about the ilok (although i didn't get that either)

Ill just keep the 11R that i got & use it with 8.0.5 after the upgrade and hope all works well :)

Thanks for that link

Cheers
Old 05-07-2012, 11:02 AM

I thought that some people were still getting the free upgrade to 10 and the expansion pack when they registered the units with 8, unless I misunderstood.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I thought that some people were still getting the free upgrade to 10 and the expansion pack when they registered the units with 8, unless I misunderstood.
Just curious did you read this somewhere, cuz if its the case i could just do that and pay nothing for it. Do you mean just a simple pro tools registration when you first use it??
Old 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM

I have heard of a couple people getting free upgrades to the ERXP and PT9/10 after they registered an old stock 11R, but the official policy, at least the only statement I have seen, says if you buy an LE8 bundle, then you do not qualify for a free upgrade.

Quote:
Do I qualify for a free upgrade?

You’re eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 if you purchased and registered an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 9 on or after October 1, 2011 (register your purchase). If you qualify, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to get your free upgrade.
http://www.avid.com/US/products/Eleven-Rack_2
Quote:
Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools System or v9 Upgrade, do I qualify for a free upgrade?

A: You’re eligible to receive a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 or Pro Tools HD 10 if you've done one of the following:

Purchased and registered a full version of Pro Tools 9 software—or an Avid product that included Pro Tools 9 or Pro Tools HD 9 software—on or after October 1, 2011. (register your purchase).

Purchased a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade, or a Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade, on or between October 1–20, 2011.

If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary copy of Pro Tools 10 software.

Note: If you purchased a product that included Pro Tools LE, you are not eligible to receive a complimentary Pro Tools 10 crossgrade

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ools_System_or
If you register and happen to get a free ERXP and PT10 crossgrade, please let me know. I have only seen this happen twice personally, and no one from Avid will answer my questions if they are doing this for everyone who buys old stock 11R's or if its just select people or perhaps it was a mistake.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 AM

Hey Benoni,

Some good news and something that im not sure about :/

The good news, i did an online registration and they sent me a confirmation email saying that im eligible to get PT10 and the Expansion pack for FREE

Quote:
Hello,

We see that you purchased and registered a new Eleven Rack recently (on or after October 1st, 2011). In October, we updated our Eleven Rack product line with newer firmware and software. We would like to make sure you have the newly included software since your unit may not have been updated prior to your purchase.

Please follow the instructions below to obtain the most recent product updates.
So i followed through and downloaded the ERXP which im quite happy with... :)

Now,

In order to get my PT10 downloaded from their website i need an iLOK user ID which i haven't got because i didn't get iLOK in the box when i bought the 11R (most probably because its old stock). And i need this iLOK user ID in order to download my copy of PT10.

They have supplied me a PT10 activation code. Is is possible to download a demo copy from http://www.avid.com/Trial/ProTools/ and then use the activation code to get it authorized??

This is where im stuck and not sure what to do Any ideas??

Cheers
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Hey Benoni,

Some good news and something that im not sure about :/

The good news, i did an online registration and they sent me a confirmation email saying that im eligible to get PT10 and the Expansion pack for FREE

So i followed through and downloaded the ERXP which im quite happy with... :)

Now,

In order to get my PT10 downloaded from their website i need an iLOK user ID which i haven't got because i didn't get iLOK in the box when i bought the 11R (most probably because its old stock). And i need this iLOK user ID in order to download my copy of PT10.

They have supplied me a PT10 activation code. Is is possible to download a demo copy from http://www.avid.com/Trial/ProTools/ and then use the activation code to get it authorized??

This is where im stuck and not sure what to do Any ideas??

Cheers
Well that is some good news indeed. Thanks for letting me know. If they are in fact giving the ERXP and PT10 to everyone who buys an old unit, which go directly against what they have stated on Avid.com, I wish they would update the copy.

Anyway, thats great you dont have to spend even more to be current.

Pro Tools 10 requires an iLok. So if you do not have one, you will need to buy one. It's best to buy the newest iLok which is $49 and holds many more licenses than the old "key" style iLoks.

You can go ahead and create a free iLok account on www.iLok.com, that is your iLok ID - REMEMBER THE NAME YOU CHOOSE FOR THE ILOK ACCOUNT - that will be your iLok ID.

You will need to buy an iLok, even the trial requires an iLok.

Old iLok:
http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/7649_l.jpg

New iLok:
http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/80840_l.jpg

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 AM

Smile Re: Expansion Pack Question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Well that is some good news indeed. Thanks for letting me know. If they are in fact giving the ERXP and PT10 to everyone who buys an old unit, which go directly against what they have stated on Avid.com, I wish they would update the copy.

Anyway, thats great you dont have to spend even more to be current.

Pro Tools 10 requires an iLok. So if you do not have one, you will need to buy one. It's best to buy the newest iLok which is $49 and holds many more licenses than the old "key" style iLoks.

You can go ahead and create a free iLok account on www.iLok.com, that is your iLok ID - REMEMBER THE NAME YOU CHOOSE FOR THE ILOK ACCOUNT - that will be your iLok ID.

You will need to buy an iLok, even the trial requires an iLok.

Old iLok:
http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/7649_l.jpg

New iLok:
http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/80840_l.jpg
It is indeed, your welcome and thanks for all the help!!

Yeah they should update that old info on their website it would help avoiding a bunch of confused people like myself lol..and YES i feel like i haven't been ripped off now. Glad i was able to ask for a bargain!!

I did create an iLOK account and got my copy of PT10 however ill have to upgrade my PC to start running PT10 as ive got Xp at the moment, so ill just download the copy and keep it for when im ready & (yes ill have to buy an iLOK at some stage).

For now im updating PT to 8.0.5 so that i can get the ERXP installed. BTW is there a guide on how to perform the ERXP update?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
It is indeed, your welcome and thanks for all the help!!

Yeah they should update that old info on their website it would help avoiding a bunch of confused people like myself lol..and YES i feel like i haven't been ripped off now. Glad i was able to ask for a bargain!!

I did create an iLOK account and got my copy of PT10 however ill have to upgrade my PC to start running PT10 as ive got Xp at the moment, so ill just download the copy and keep it for when im ready & (yes ill have to buy an iLOK at some stage).

For now im updating PT to 8.0.5 so that i can get the ERXP installed. BTW is there a guide on how to perform the ERXP update?

Thanks
Yeah there should be an instructional PDF included in the ERXP download.

Since you are on XP, you shouldn't have to worry about the Internet Explorer 9 problem. But just to be clear, IE9 must be uninstalled before loading the Firmware updater portion - but can be re-loaded after it is installed.

Make sure the 11R drivers are installed, which they should be if you have 8.0.5 installed.

Make sure you are connected to the internet.

Make sure Pro Tools is CLOSED.

Make sure your Eleven Rack is powered ON and connected to the PC via USB.

Run the first section of the ERXP, that will update the UI files for the on-screen editor in PT.

After that is complete another folder will appear on your desktop - that is the actual Firmware updater.

Run it, input your SN and ID codes that should be in your Avid account with the ERXP download, press ok and let it do its thing.

I write about the ERXP in a few articles on my blog that you can check out if you are so inclined:

http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...even-rack.html

http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...howing-in.html

And here is a video that shows the first section of the ERXP being loaded, I did this video to explain why you may not see the ERXP items in PT after doing a PT update, so its not really about updating the firmware, but you may find it helpful in the future:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSw_2TT-wQ

ERXP FAQ's:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297402

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio