Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by simproaudio View Post
Dear Friends,

It turned out to be an application that was causing my Pro Tools 11 to crash on startup. The application is Razer Synapse 2.0, a tool for tweaking my Razer mouse and keyboard. After unistalling of Razer Synapse 2.0, Pro Tools is working, ... reinstall and it crashes again....no idea why it is causing it!

Hope this helps somebody who will run into this problem.

Such a relief!
Thanks for reporting back in with that, it very well help someone else.

I did a quick search on Razer Synapse 2.0, and did find a support FAQ on their site: www.razersupport.com/software/synapse2/
...but nothing that jumped out at me regarding interfering with other Mac apps. The site was so hard to read, nothing jumped out period, guess I'm too old.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:56 PM

I am having the same issue.

Lost 2 weeks trying to figure out what was wrong. Have you found a solution? Did you just get a new mouse?

Do you happen to know if you can program in all the mouse keys without using the SYNAPSE software?

Did you get it to work without crashing pro tools?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 AM

I'm having this same problem, but with Protools 10. Was there ever a fix for this? Or do I need to just return this mouse?

www.interlaceaudio.com
Old 01-01-2014, 12:52 PM

had this same issue with pt10HD after installing razer synapse 2.0 for an orbweaver. finally did some searching around and found this thread. sounds like no one has found a fix? i guess this orbweaver is going back, which is sad cos i spent all day programming macros for PT. it doesn't seem like there's any other way to program the device without synapse which is really stupid.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:30 AM

Hey all, I also posted about this problem before. Not sure if it was before you, but if so I wish you would have seen mine and saved yourself some agony

I'd like to just "bump" this thread to see if anyone can chime in about possible solutions. I really liked having some hot keys mapped to my razer naga !

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Mid 2010 Macbook Pro 7,1, 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8gb 1067mhz ram, Mountain Lion 10.8.5, Mbox 3 Pro,
Pro Tools 11.0.2
Old 01-10-2014, 11:42 AM

On PC try X-Mouse Button Control instead of the mouse's driver (uninstall the mouse software).

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-16-2014, 03:20 PM

I had the same problem and so I sent an email to Razer support.
They shortly answered me and now there is a new version of the Synapse software.
So download the latest version and it will work !

(tested with v1.21)
Old 02-16-2014, 09:53 PM

I've had the same problem in the past using my Razer Nostromo, seems to have something to do with the cloud service and retrieval of key strokes/macros, anyhow, short term I was able to fix this on my old system by reverting to a working clone (always a good idea) and turning off/logging out of the Synapse control panel, anyhow...

Late last week I took delivery of my new Mac Pro and with much trepidation proceeded to set up, The Nostromo controller is integral to my work flow so I really had my fingers crossed, all went well but this time I made sure the Synapse software was the very first thing I installed after the OS itself, I then installed PT11, 3rd party plugs etc and voila, the Synapse download my Keys and Macros and everything works! I'm not sure if the install sequence was the key, but ... give it a go.

Good luck.