Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 PM

Default MC Control accessing RTAS\TDM plugins

I know you can edit any parameter within each Plug ins within Pro Tools 9 with the MC Control but is there a button that brings up your RTAS Insert plug ins (on a selected track)? I know the D-Command has a button that brings up the RTAS\TDM plug ins so I'm sure the MC Control has to have one. Does anyone know what it is or if there's a keyboard shortcut for accessing insert plug-ins?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 AM

Default Re: MC Control accessing RTAS\TDM plugins

I´m not quite sure if I understand you correct but any inserted plugin you can bring up like this:

Press the BACK key until the top-level knobset is displayed on the
Touchscreen. Press the INSERTS Soft Knob the names of the plug-ins on that track are distributed across the Soft Knobs. Press the Soft Knob beside the desired plug-in’s name to select it.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:32 PM

Thats awesome. Basically, im trying to setup macros within Eucontrol and Quickeys for my fav insert plugins.

For example, i always have sessions where i need to create a new track with a certain compressor and autotune. I wanna setup 1 button to do that but i got stuck when i was trying to access the insert plugin menu because there's no keyboard shortcut for it.

The D-command has a button that brings up the dropdown menu for your available plugins and i was praying the mc control had a feature like that

So do you think thatll work? I cant wait to get home and try it out
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM

If you find out how to do that, please let us know.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 AM

If you alway use the same compressor and autotune why not make a session template with those plug ins. Then you have it all set up and can bring the plug ins up via the MC control.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggin View Post
If you alway use the same compressor and autotune why not make a session template with those plug ins. Then you have it all set up and can bring the plug ins up via the MC control.
The scenario I'm referring to is when I record a singer and I'm constantly adding additional tracks as needed. It would be so awesome to press 1 button when I need another track as opposed to several button, scrolls and clicks for each track.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 PM

What I often do in this case is duplicate the track without the Active Playlist, Alternative Playlist or Automation options selected. Then you get a new blank track with all the right settings to use immediately.