Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 AM

Default A Couple Af "Problems" With MC Control...

I have borrowed a MC Control from my local dealer, and now I'm trying it out to see if I want to buy it...

One big irritation is:
When, in the options, I set that the faders should follow selection, I have to hear the quite noicy faders every time I change the selection. When I remove that option, I can only move the faders to another channel via banking.
Is there a way to put that setting on a softkey?
Or to hold down some key while changing selection and then the faders also move to the selected track?

Another thing:
When editing plug-in settings with the knobs on the control, is there any way to get it to open the plugin in pro tools?

I'm on a mac, newest software and pro tools 9.0.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Default Re: A Couple Af "Problems" With MC Control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolin View Post
When editing plug-in settings with the knobs on the control, is there any way to get it to open the plugin in pro tools?
If you press the soft knob labeled EQ or Dyn this should work. The plug-in window will open and follow your track selection. Very handy! The Back button gets you out of the plug-in. The same will work with any insert if you press the Inserts soft knob then the name of the insert you want to work on.

I can't help you with the other question. It would be nice if there were a way to have all the faders bank to the left-most selected track in Pro Tools if a soft key were switched On, overriding the Track Assignments temporarily. This would be a great feature! Not available now, unless I'm missing something.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 AM

Default Re: A Couple Af "Problems" With MC Control...

Thanks, today it worked, wonder why it did not a couple of days ago...