Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Avid

Default Re: Getting hardware repaired from Avid direct, how to reach a human without contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by struk407 View Post
It's my understanding that if you call 650-731-6100 and choose option 3 you should reach the repairs line at no charge.
That is exactly correct. Anyone in need of a repair should use that option.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Getting hardware repaired from Avid direct, how to reach a human without contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Thanks, DTS. Now if you can just look into doing something about the ridiculous $79.95 flat-rate phone-support charge I'd appreciate it. How about going back to the old way. Digi makes money and the customer doesn't feel ripped-off. $180/Hr. ($3/Min.) for a support person to be available tells me Digi was making some money by having phone tech-supt. available unless, of course, Digi is paying the phone personnel that much in which case I would like to apply for a support position. As it stands right now, you're not making ANY money off of me for support, whereas you did before (and I have had reasons to want to call for help/advice recently).
Old 01-04-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
OK, good to know. Perhaps the website and documentation should reflect this fact.

I still feel a bit burned that a $65,000+ dollar Dcontrol setup only offers 2 Support calls or 10 email tickets for only the first 90 days of registration, hopefully someone will come to there senses about this policy.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 PM

I remember the days when any Digi purchased (anything) basically bought you one full year of phone support. And the Pro Control came with one year of the Priority Access line.

Those were good times....
Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM

incredible the more you pay the less you get, that's why i'm scared about buying top level controller from Avid, for me was enough wait 4 month to get my HD2 rig, when i receive it after two month new interfaces were out, but i know for shure new interfaces are exactly like "legacy" 192
ROBIN HOOD company, steal to rich people and give to poor!!!
that's real democracy!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Same kind of problems here in the UK

I bought Extended Hardware warranty and renewed it recently. Used to be able to really easily get things exchanged but this time has been hell. The only humans I can get through to just transfer me to an answerphone somewhere. Obviously I've left numerous messages, no one gets back to you.

It's been three days I've been trying on and off to get through to the right department or waiting for someone to call me back. For a service that I've paid for this is an insult.

When I insured my cat I got a welcome pack with all the numbers to call should she get her head stuck in fencehole, etc. With Avid - nothing. I've not been told what number to call, the old numbers no longer get me through to the right people and whenever I feel like I'm getting closer to speaking to someone about this I end up being asked by a recorded voice for my Avid Support Code which I don't have (or haven't been told anything about).

If anyone out there knows a direct line to call or something then please let me know! You will then be already 100% more helpful than anyone I have paid money to speak to over the last few days.