Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 09:14 AM

Default New Virus Indigo Plugin

Hi all on www.access-music.de there is nice picture of the soon to be released Access Indigo plugin dont have nay more info on it at the moment. Has anyone seen it or heard it etc.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:31 AM

Default Re: New Virus Indigo Plugin

I want to know too.

I love my viruses. All 8 of them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2002, 08:46 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by taiazeez:
Hi all on www.access-music.de there is nice picture of the soon to be released Access Indigo plugin dont have nay more info on it at the moment. Has anyone seen it or heard it etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a few questions about the new Virus Indigo plug-in....

1: Will it accept PROG-CHANGE via MIDI ???

2: From the picture of the Access web site... HOW does the 3 oscillator work??? from the picture it does not look like it is possible to set waveform (?!?!)...

4: is ther no additional SUB oscillator (like the hardware version) ???...

There is no spesifications on the access site [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Any Access persons here _willing_ to give some "inside" information ??? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Also _WERY_ important to (at least) me... will it authorize using KEYDISK or challenge (I do not want to order a NEW iLok [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

DigiDAW.
Old 02-03-2002, 06:07 AM

Yeah, and it seems there's a Waldorf Q in the works as well...
Old 02-03-2002, 11:37 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Digidaw:

1: Will it accept PROG-CHANGE via MIDI ???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly. I'm looking into it right now, but it will definitely require a ProTools app update, which you'll need to wait until the next PT release for this feature to work.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Digidaw:

2: From the picture of the Access web site... HOW does the 3 oscillator work??? from the picture it does not look like it is possible to set waveform (?!?!)...

4: is ther no additional SUB oscillator (like the hardware version) ???...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both the original Virus plug-in and the new Virus Indigo plug-in have a sub oscillator. The Virus Indigo also has a 3rd oscillator, which controlable from the UI just like the other oscillators.

Also _WERY_ important to (at least) me... will it authorize using KEYDISK or challenge (I do not want to order a NEW iLok [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what CP has been decided on for the Indido, but my guess is that it will be iLok based.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:03 AM

I will probably update to the Indigo when it is available. Will it read all the same soundsets from the original Virus plug?

There will be a Mix version and an HD version right?

This is great timing on Access' part. You can update to HD plug and get improved features in one upgrade.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by shadowbox:
I will probably update to the Indigo when it is available. Will it read all the same soundsets from the original Virus plug?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by shadowbox:

There will be a Mix version and an HD version right?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.