Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2009, 06:51 PM

Default no list of virus indigo names in plugin window

Someone pleeze help
I have protools 6.4 hd 2 accel on a G5 PPC OSX10.4.6
When I iniciate a virus indigo plug-in I can't get the names to pop p as a list in the plugin windo allowing you to scroll through presets to hear them quickly. I have tried setting root folder, current settings folder, even Tried uninstall-reinstall and no luck. How can I reset this? Someone please help.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:49 AM

Default Re: no list of virus indigo names in plugin window

Quote:
Originally Posted by noize View Post
Someone pleeze help
I have protools 6.4 hd 2 accel on a G5 PPC OSX10.4.6
When I iniciate a virus indigo plug-in I can't get the names to pop p as a list in the plugin windo allowing you to scroll through presets to hear them quickly. I have tried setting root folder, current settings folder, even Tried uninstall-reinstall and no luck. How can I reset this? Someone please help.
Are the virus plugins presets installed?
system drive/library/app support/digidesign/plugin settings. are they in this folder? .. this is where you need to browse to from within the virus to get it to see this folder!!

Have you tried re-installing the virus.
Is the virus working ok without the presets? do you get a tone etc!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:19 PM

thanks for answering my post, im stil pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Ive tried everything but no luck. do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noize View Post
thanks for answering my post, im stil pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Ive tried everything but no luck. do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks
Hi,

Same questions!!

is the virus working at all? do you get any sounds from it?

Can you save a preset in the PT presets folder and recall it

are the presets located in the plugin presets folder?

we need to know if the virus is installed and working correctly and just a presets problem or whether its a general problem.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Same questions!!

is the virus working at all? do you get any sounds from it?

Can you save a preset in the PT presets folder and recall it

are the presets located in the plugin presets folder?

we need to know if the virus is installed and working correctly and just a presets problem or whether its a general problem.

Chris
Just came across this problem myself with all my plug-ins. Did a load of searches but nothing immediately presented itself as an obvious fix. I have recently swapped back and forth between drives, after some crashes, and as usual, swapping sessions between rigs. But never had this one before. I'll repair permissions and rebuild the directory with Disk Warrior, but essentially with all the plug-ins work, they just won't load any factory settings. They will load individually customized and saved settings. Strange. Will report back once I've executed some trouble shooting, but if you have any thoughts in the meantime, would love to hear them.

Thanks

Kevin

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12.1.138 | Mac Studio M1 Max (64 GB) | Ventura 13.6.3 | Clarett+ 2Pre

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD6 PCIx | Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Magma PE6R4-I | 192 i/o |

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIe | MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Apogee Rosetta 200 | C|24

Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Just came across this problem myself with all my plug-ins. Did a load of searches but nothing immediately presented itself as an obvious fix. I have recently swapped back and forth between drives, after some crashes, and as usual, swapping sessions between rigs. But never had this one before. I'll repair permissions and rebuild the directory with Disk Warrior, but essentially with all the plug-ins work, they just won't load any factory settings. They will load individually customized and saved settings. Strange. Will report back once I've executed some trouble shooting, but if you have any thoughts in the meantime, would love to hear them.

Thanks

Kevin
Hi,

Your problem sounds like a simple need to reset your plugin settings preferences. open a plugin, go to the save load menu at the bottom where it says settings preferences/set root settings folder! browse towards your plugin settings folder which is located system drive/library/app support/digidesign/plugin presets

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Your problem sounds like a simple need to reset your plugin settings preferences. open a plugin, go to the save load menu at the bottom where it says settings preferences/set root settings folder! browse towards your plugin settings folder which is located system drive/library/app support/digidesign/plugin presets

Chris
Done! It's the simple things. I was trying to set each individual plug-in to it's own plug-in settings folder, not realising that I just needed to set one to the root folder to establish the root settings for the whole application. Everything is now in it's right place. Thanks.
Kevin

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12.1.138 | Mac Studio M1 Max (64 GB) | Ventura 13.6.3 | Clarett+ 2Pre

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD6 PCIx | Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Magma PE6R4-I | 192 i/o |

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIe | MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Apogee Rosetta 200 | C|24