Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 AM

Default Digi support not responding...

Since 7.4.2 update the startup time of my PT HD has gone from 10sec to 2-3mins! I have contacted support 3-4 times in last 4 weeks, and they haven´t replied me once! Digi must have the crappiest support ever...

Anyone else noticed long startup time since 7.4.2? I´m on 10.5.4 and 8x2.8Ghz mac pro.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Digi support not responding...

If you think Digi has bad support, then I'd venture to say you haven't had to deal with too many other technology companies.

As for your problem, have you checked to make sure you have the correct versions of your plug-ins for PT 7.4.2? We avoided the problem this time, but on a previous upgrade we had this same behavior. It turned out to be a plug-in (McDSP Filterbank and Compressorbank) that needed a minor update. Once we updated those plug-ins our launch time got back to what we were use to.

Good luck.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Avid

Please let us know how you contacted us. It's not typical for us to ignore customers, or to take 4 weeks to respond. (Is it possible you emailed an old address instead of using our TSR?)

And as Shawn suggested (thanks Shawn), it would be a good start to check your plug-in versions. You could even pull all but the Mixer out of the Plug-Ins folder temporarily to cut to the chase and see if that's the issue.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Simpson View Post
If you think Digi has bad support, then I'd venture to say you haven't had to deal with too many other technology companies.
genau! best support ever.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:34 PM

+1 for Shawn!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:27 AM

Thanks for all the replies.

DigiTechSupt, I used your TSR every time.

I´ll try removing the plugins next. Thanks everyone.

-Pete
Old 09-25-2008, 07:45 AM

Exclamation Hang in there, problems will arise periodically. Time = wisdom

As for the support. I too experienced reponse issues in the past. But in their (personal) defense, my biggist issue is getting acclaimated to the site, and support procedures. There are so many "read here firsts", and FAQs to weed through, as well as other hoops before getting through to them, it's tough on us sometimes. Hopefully all support people keep in mind that by the time we actually reach you, it's been quite a trip to connect up with you.

Once connected however, (maybe I shouldn't mention this publicly here) they actually sent ...well maybe I won't say it... let's just say they did me right. It took a few times corresponding back and forth however (as weeks do go by).

What I find from board to board, site to site, forum to forum is that moderators and support guys seem to forget the frustration of newbies getting started. If they can master that burden, then the company ends up looking good. It's only human though, to get a little desensitization over time. I think what happens, as they learn and ultimately know the ins and outs of their website, this forum, and of course "the products" too, that it becomes a never ending burden for them with all the redunant questioning day in day out.

That said... I blame the setup as a whole not the tech guys. ... the multi-platforms demands and needs... Changes in OS updates... New technologies... Contant Protools updates and upgrades... And people like me that try to install with only 512 Megs of memory. LOL
Certain things on the website could be better defined. Then there is the Ignition Packs, and other add ons and plug-ins etc. to deal with. It gets frustrating just to activate and register these items. There is always that problem along the way with websites or "key numbers" of one of these processes, never knowing if it's really registered or not. Odd messages pop up during a process or two it seems. Then M-Box / usbaduio.sys issues that don't get along with the PC or other Mac issues.

But 3-4 weeks is still pretty bad (if true). Must be a black hole here somewhere.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Avid

Quote:
DigiTechSupt, I used your TSR every time.
Where are you located (it didn't say in your profile info)?

If you did this in the last 4 weeks, you should be on our new system that allows you to log in and track the status (assuming you're in the U.S. - not sure about U.K. or other tech support, though I can check if needed).

I have never, not once, seen a U.S. tech support request not get replied to within a timely manner - 90% or more within 24 hours, the rest within 48. Every last time it was found to be another issue - going to their spam folder, ISP filtering, etc.

I'm checking with our email support group to see if I can find out what happened here...