Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-19-2020, 09:48 AM

Default Unable to renew Pro Tools Subscription through Avid Webstore

I was hoping someone on this forum may be able to assist. My annual Pro Tools subscription expires on March 20th and I no longer have the option to renew using my Avid account. It is telling to reach out to a reseller to renew, and there is no option to add the subscription to the cart to checkout using the Avid web store. I’ve always been able to renew that way until this year.

Anyhow, I opened case 03883302 and after a week of it sitting there, the case was closed on the first response telling me that yes there is a problem but instead of helping to resolve it, I should find a reseller on my own and obtain a renewal code to renew. Essentially ignoring my request to resolve the problem.

Ever seen those razor blade commercials where the spokesman says it makes you wonder if they really want to sell you their razor blades? Kind of the same thing going on here...
Old 02-19-2020, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Unable to renew Pro Tools Subscription through Avid Webstore

Just buy from Sweetwater as they sell the same thing. You can get assistance and free support there.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-19-2020, 01:27 PM

Thanks but Sweetwater and Guitar Center don’t offer the pay up front annual subscription product on their websites. The link the Avid case closer sent me to find an “authorized” reseller is useless - zero results when I tried it.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:50 PM

Ok i will escalate this to Avid support now so they can look at it and someone will contact you here via PM or email. Hang tight! We are on it.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-24-2020, 10:13 AM

I haven’t heard back from anyone yet, is Avid still working on this or am I on my own to find a reseller for the 1 year subscription renewal?
Old 02-24-2020, 12:56 PM

Sorry for the delay. I'm escalating your case again, and I believe this is the product you're looking for. Do you have a preferred reseller?
Old 02-24-2020, 02:16 PM

That should be the product, I believe Retro King and BH are the only ones I could find offering it. I would prefer to continue renewing my subscriptions through Avid if possible, in addition to setting it up for auto-renewal. I guess Retro King would be the best reseller since they are a dedicated pro audio dealer if I have no choice but to choose a third party instead of Avid.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:00 PM

Hi Jeffro, I renewed the annual PT subscription on 3/19/20 through Vintage King per your instructions and looks like I’m good now until 3/25/2021 of next year.

However, when I logon to my iLok License Manager account I don’t see a new license published yet for the Pro Tools renewal yet. I also see that Falcon, HEAT, Avid Complete Bundle, and the Support plan are also going to expire tomorrow as well.

I also responded to your last email about this as well but not sure if you would receive that directly or not.

Can you assist please?
Old 03-25-2020, 11:11 AM

Never mind - when I launched Pro Tools a few minutes ago it performed the refresh for Pro Tools to the iLok license for the renewal. After that I was able to manually perform refreshes to the Complete Bundle Plugins and HEAT. It did lose track of Falcon AAX so that will still expire, I don’t really use that Product so will open a case if I change my mind.