Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 09-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Default Eleven & Logic X

Anyone have experience using Eleven rack with Logic X? My question is around using it as a audio interface for guitar and my korg triton. I would like to use the spdif input for my triton... bypassing the efx. Any help in this would greatly be appreciated since Avid cust. support is not allowing me to ask these question LOL. btw: I do understand that plugins and editing can only happen inside of PT.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Eleven & Logic X

The Eleven Rack is just like any other CoreAudio interface, with addition that the stereo "Rig output" is sent as two of the 8 available DAW inputs.

Install the Eleven Rack driver.

Connect the Eleven Rack.

Open Audio/Midi Setup. Go to the Audio window, click on the "Avid Eleven Rack" and it will show all the 8 inputs and 6 outputs available. Note the input/output naming there and what number is what (that is not presented inside Logic). And these inputs and outputs are all explained clearly in the Eleven Rack user guide.

Open Logic, Preferences>Audio and select the Eleven Rack as the input and output interface. Assign the appropriate audio track inputs you want. Output should default to main out.

The Eleven Rack rig processing is only applied to one of the inputs, but default the "guitar in". All the other inputs, including digital in are just made available to a DAW as unprocessed audio. The Eleven Rack user guide describes how to set up the "rig input" to control what signal is processed.

Avid customer support really should not be expected to answer these type of questions, certainly not for free. Its standard CoreAudio stuff and/or all you need to know about the inputs/outputs and rig processing is in the manual. It might be a more likely expectation to call (and pay) Apple to answer this question, but that is unlikely to happen either.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The Eleven Rack is just like any other CoreAudio interface, with addition that the stereo "Rig output" is sent as two of the 8 available DAW inputs.

Install the Eleven Rack driver.

Connect the Eleven Rack.

Open Audio/Midi Setup. Go to the Audio window, click on the "Avid Eleven Rack" and it will show all the 8 inputs and 6 outputs available. Note the input/output naming there and what number is what (that is not presented inside Logic). And these inputs and outputs are all explained clearly in the Eleven Rack user guide.

Open Logic, Preferences>Audio and select the Eleven Rack as the input and output interface. Assign the appropriate audio track inputs you want. Output should default to main out.

The Eleven Rack rig processing is only applied to one of the inputs, but default the "guitar in". All the other inputs, including digital in are just made available to a DAW as unprocessed audio. The Eleven Rack user guide describes how to set up the "rig input" to control what signal is processed.

Avid customer support really should not be expected to answer these type of questions, certainly not for free. Its standard CoreAudio stuff and/or all you need to know about the inputs/outputs and rig processing is in the manual. It might be a more likely expectation to call (and pay) Apple to answer this question, but that is unlikely to happen either.

Darryl... I really appreciate the detailed answer. However, maybe i wasn't clear in my original post.. I have not purchased one yet. So i have no manuals. I assumed it would work...but... ya never know.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkglass View Post
Darryl... I really appreciate the detailed answer. However, maybe i wasn't clear in my original post.. I have not purchased one yet. So i have no manuals. I assumed it would work...but... ya never know.
The steps I gave should get you going. Logic X will also likely just detect the Eleven Rack and ask if you want to use that for IO... a nice Apple touch for new users.

Grab the Eleven Rack User Guide off Avid's Web site if you want

http://www.avid.com/static/resources...renceGuide.pdf

It works great with Logic X, if you get stuck just ask here. I am using that combo right now to edit some drum VIs (Superior Drummer) and track a guitar over.

Darryl
Old 09-14-2013, 07:18 AM

I use Logic Pro X with my 11r and it works great. I have a Focusrite Pro40 as my interface and connect my 11r into the Pro40 via SPDIF. Here's a track I just did using the 11r and Logic ProX. I used Logic's new drummer feature (Logan was the drummer). All guitars were recorded using the 11r. The new Logic ProX is amazing. I just gave it a new "Neve" skin and it looks very cool.
Seagate 500GB GoFlex Pro 7200rpm Firewire 800 Ultra Portable Drive
Audient iD22 and Focusrite Pro 40 Interfaces
Focusrite Red 3 compressor
Lexicon 300
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Waves Gold Bundle • CLA Classic Compressors • Slate FG-X, VBC, VCC, VTM
Slate Trigger EX • Superior Drummer 2.0
Old 09-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAR Fritz View Post
I use Logic Pro X with my 11r and it works great. I have a Focusrite Pro40 as my interface and connect my 11r into the Pro40 via SPDIF. Here's a track I just did using the 11r and Logic ProX. I used Logic's new drummer feature (Logan was the drummer). All guitars were recorded using the 11r. The new Logic ProX is amazing. I just gave it a new "Neve" skin and it looks very cool.
That is not what he wants to do, he is specifically asking about using the Eleven Rack as an interface.

But yes Logic X looks pretty damn good. I need to play with the UI More, the standard UI is just too dark for me.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAR Fritz View Post
. . . Here's a track I just did using the 11r and Logic ProX. . . .All guitars were recorded using the 11r. . . .
Nice mix. What guitar and which preset did you use for the solo? Sounded like a Les Paul with Dimarzio Super Distortions.
PT10.3.10HD(Tyan s2932 [8core Shanghai 2.7GHZ] 32GB,Win7 SP1); PT10HD(Tyan s2892 w/10GB, Win7 SP1);PT8HD(Dell 690 quad Xeon 3.0, 8GB, Win7,192 I/O, 96 I/O);MacBook Pro: 11R, Apogee Element 46, Focusrite 8PreX PT HD 11.3.2; Mac Pro 3.47 Hex 32GB, OSX 10.12.6/L10.4.2;L9.1.8, 2.64TB; G5 D2.3 4GB, 10.4.11/L8; 12c MP 2.66/32GB PT12.4; Structure, GigaGS3, Kontakt 5, Garratin, Sibelius 8.7+, Finale26,EMU,Vegas Pro 16-10/; RME HDSP9652,MOTU 2408 MKIII/1224/308, FX,Kurz,L5s,Strat,ASAT,JB,Zon