Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM

Default S/pdif

I have a Apogee Rosetta 200 connected to my 002R via s/pdif. When I was using LE 7.1 I could track and monitor thru the apogee using s/pdif. I had the clock set to external and optical formats set to s/pdif. Since I upgraded to LE 8, I can not set the clock to external, and my s/pdif input is shaded (as in unavailable/inactive). Everything is connected exactly as it was before I upgraded. Help!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM

Default Re: S/pdif

Digi, please help. My apogee rosetta is not being recognized since I upgraded from LE 7.1 to 8. Error messages > The input could not be made active because the input path is currently not available while trying to set up a new session. Opening an existing session I receive a message that my I/O settings have been changed > input s/pdif has been made inactive because the input path is currently not available. I have read thru the referance guide and searched the duc to no avail. Thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Exclamation Same Problem!!!

bump.

Mysteriously, I have just encountered the same problem. Everything was working fine, then I opened an old session, and now no spdif. Same errors hnbike had:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbike View Post
Opening an existing session I receive a message that my I/O settings have been changed > input s/pdif has been made inactive because the input path is currently not available.
I go to my I/O and somehow the the spdif is disabled, so I re-enabled it and it still doesnt work.

I tried deleting the digi database folders on my hard drives and still a no go.

I also have Fruityloops and it doesnt work in there either.

Specs: q9600, Gigabyte mobo, Pci Firewire card w/TI chipset, 4GB ram, Nvidia 9800Gt, 2 - 22" LCD Monitors, Win XP Pro.

This computer is only used as a daw and there is no pirated software on it. I am running the latest version of PT 8.

Please help!! This is VERY FRUSTRATING!!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Same Problem!!!

Guys, this is a USERS forum. Direct support comes from Digi when you call or e-mail them. When they do chime in, it's an above-and-beyond-the-call courtesy.
Kingchong, it's best if you start your OWN thread instead of adding a "me too" post. Your systems might be TOTALLY different (hnbike, you didn't tell us ANYTHING about yours....)
All that aside, did you go to your i/o settings and make sure to click on "default"?
Do your sample rates between your Apogee and your session match?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Avid

sw_rec is right - best to start a new thread and provide complete system details - see the Help Us Help You thread.

We definitely need to know which Digi hardware you're using.

One thing to try - delete all the paths listed on the left in the input and output tabs of IO setup, then default them.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM

sw rec - Considering that hnbike's thread was started in februrary, with no answer, and I had the same problem, I figured why start another thread with the same question?

Forgive me if I posted it in the wrong place, I was searching the forums for an answer and found his thread and bumped it.

Glad you could help me figure out the problem.

DigiTech - I am using an 003 rack. The one with only 4 pres.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM

So ya got it working okay? What was the malfunction?
Old 06-03-2009, 12:37 PM

no, it still does not work. i guess you didnt catch the sarcasm. I tried deleting all of teh inputs and setting the defaults, and it didnt work. still trying!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:42 PM

No, I guess I didn't the catch sarcasm, when I was genuinely trying to help. Oh well......
And in the words of Digi tech suport:

sw_rec is right - best to start a new thread and provide complete system details - see the Help Us Help You thread.

I tried it on my 002 rack and the s/pdif inputs show up and are active at the very end of the input list. Did you try resetting your i/o to default?