Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Help with MBox and XP

Hey I never once said it was a bad company or bitched moaned about it. I only asked for some help. I am well aware it is primairly designed for recordign etc.

Anyway, that program you gave me spkguitar is great cheers. And i have addded programs to it. However do you know how i can add direct x to that list? Can't seem to find a sort of directx program. Or how to possibly add it in registry?

Cheers
Old 08-03-2007, 02:41 PM

If you really want to use your monitors with a game, your probably better off getting an 1/8" stereo to dual 1/4" mono cable. Connect the 1/8" end to your onboard soundcard and the other ends to your monitors.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Ah I see. Well Ok, for the mean time I have just uninstalled Quicktime/iTunes. SO I got my music playing back in winamp now after installign etc. However I now have another problem. When I play a computer game there is no sound. SO I ran dxdiag and it does not find the Mbox? Only see's the PCI soundcard which I am not using.

Help much appreciated!
I just posted on another thread on a similar subject so I thought I'd paste my post here as it seems appropriate:

Let's clarify this: The Digidesign interfaces are designed as recording and mixing devices and not intended as consummer sound cards. Stop expecting it to be. Someone was nice enough to write a wav driver FOR FREE. It works with some applications but NOT all. If iTunes or other incompatible applications are essential for people, don't use the Digidesign interface to play it. Use a standard consumer sound card.

Analogy time again: It is as if someone bought an airplane (designed to fly to its destination). The manufacturer thought it would be convienient to include wheels so the airplance can taxi to and from the terminals. The purchaser decides that since it has wheels, he'd like to drive the airplane on roadways. On some highways, perhaps the airplane can indeed be driven. There are some roads however that don't work for the airplane however. Should the purchaser complain to the airplane manufactured that their airplane doesn't work on these roads? Should the purchaser complain to the road builder that it doesn't work for his airplane?

The point is to get the right product for each function.
Airplane = Flying
Car = Roads
Protools = Digidesign Interface
iTunes = consummer sound card

You may total disagree and ignore my opinion on this and continue to try to make iTunes work with your Digidesign interface. It doesn't affect me one way of another. in fact, I wish you "good luck." You can try the MME Helper utility along with the wav driver to see if that helps.

Well stated and its very simple ,it doesnt work period.

brandy