How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2019, 11:54 PM

Default Editing an ASC (frustrating)

Hi,

This is probably more of a little rant but I'm also open to anybody who can offer any suggestions here.

I am trying to edit my ASC - this is for a license transfer (end of an era for me, I no longer teach so no longer need my copy of PT) and I've realised it is routed the wrong place.

So OK, thinks I, I'll just go and edit it per the facility in the case management page.

This fine piece of software engineering lets me change the reasons but won't let me submit.

The reason stated is that it wants me to update the impact fields. So, I update these. This time when I submit it says I can't update the impact fields. Mmm, this presents a little usability problem.

I am both mandated and prohibited from updating the impact fields at the same time.

So, in the meantime all I can do is leave the ASC to wander un-prioritised and adrift in the Avid support fog until it finally arrives (I hope) on the screen of somebody who will actually deal with it.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Editing an ASC (frustrating)

... if you just give the case number folks here might be able to get help for you.