Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 06-18-2019, 05:40 PM

Default Does Playback Engine selected affect Bounce to Disk

Does Playback Engine selected affect Bounce to Disk?

A client hit me up and needs a few easy revisions to a radio edit version of his track I did earlier. I'm not at the studio now but do always keep my backup hard drives with me and my laptop with pro tools 12 on it. My question is, after I make the changes, if I bounce to disk with Asio4All V2 selected as the playback engine (because I do not have an interface with me), will the quality be different or the same as if I had my interface selected as the playback engine when bouncing?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Does Playback Engine selected affect Bounce to Disk

Please follow the DUC terms of use, and only post a question once. Multiple posts wastes other users time. This has been already been answered in your other thread.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Please follow the DUC terms of use, and only post a question once. Multiple posts wastes other users time. This has been already been answered in your other thread.
My bad. I posted in general then realized it should maybe go in PT12 but couldn't figure out how to delete the first.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneSetter View Post
My bad. I posted in general then realized it should maybe go in PT12 but couldn't figure out how to delete the first.
No problem, I should have made clear this was more a flag to other folks that you are already got your question answered.