Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 04-28-2017, 04:58 AM

Default 12.7.1 Ouch !

I had gone to 12.7 and then, too many bugs, I had returned to 12.4. Everything was fine. I had to reinstall my system (for other reasons) and I said to myself: 12.7.1 is out, let's go. Ouch! No way forward. Always planted.

Conclusion: Not only is Avid slow in its developments, my development all complicates things and leaves waste. Pro tools is like a dead end. We love him and we are a prisoner of a painful relationship.

PC Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650v2
3.50 GHz 48,0 Go

Prism sound Atlas and 2 Focal Solo Be

www.claudemarcbourget.com
www.metis-islands.com
Old 04-28-2017, 05:30 AM

Default Re: 12.7.1 Ouch !

Please list the bugs you have encountered moving from 12.7.0 to 12.7.1
Old 04-28-2017, 05:42 AM

Yes please. We use 12.7.1 HD for a few of the biggest artists recording both analog and digital with absolutely No showstoppers mreading this is a bit hard to understand.

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-28-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yes please. We use 12.7.1 HD for a few of the biggest artists recording both analog and digital with absolutely No showstoppers mreading this is a bit hard to understand.
Do you use VIs? Do you use a low H/W buffer so the MIDI doesn't end up recording out of time? Do you end up with the thing stopping halfway through a take? If not, you're a luckier man than I. And I say all this as a Pro Tools fanboy.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:17 AM

Forgive my mood ... I'll try to get back to you with clarification. I should have kept the bug reports (are they written somewhere automatically?). But often the color wheel turns to infinity without any message window.

In this case, I have a Vienna Imperial piano + a Lexicon reverb, a compressor PRO and Fab Filter. All that was rolling on 12.4 (and Sierra up to date) without difficulty.

It seems to me that it happens more if I use an EQ (like Fab Filter) in Audiosuite on a clip.

At the next error code, I save it!

3.50 GHz 48,0 Go

www.metis-islands.com
Old 04-28-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Do you use VIs? Do you use a low H/W buffer so the MIDI doesn't end up recording out of time? Do you end up with the thing stopping halfway through a take? If not, you're a luckier man than I. And I say all this as a Pro Tools fanboy.
Buffer at 1024.

3.50 GHz 48,0 Go

www.metis-islands.com
Old 04-28-2017, 07:51 AM

I attach here the crash report. I can read it, except that there is an error mention related to Fab Filter (used in insert + in Audiosuite).

3.50 GHz 48,0 Go

www.metis-islands.com
Old 04-28-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
We use many many VI and plugins, automation and the rest of the bunch.

All I see with people who get -9173 errors a lot is they use rewire and VEP for example and Play EW whereas we use 8DIO and Kontakt additional libraries aswell as many Phalanx samplers and many synth VI, Maybe thats why we have a smooth ride on 12.7.1 HD

Don't use Rewire anything here as that only makes for problems.

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-28-2017, 08:04 AM

[/QUOTE] Don't use Rewire anything here as that only makes for problems.[/QUOTE]

I just started using Rewire along with Waves Tune. That's what Waves suggests doing. Can I use Waves Tune without using Rewire?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We use many many VI and plugins, automation and the rest of the bunch.

All I see with people who get -9173 errors a lot is they use rewire and VEP for example and Play EW whereas we use 8DIO and Kontakt additional libraries aswell as many Phalanx samplers and many synth VI, Maybe thats why we have a smooth ride on 12.7.1 HD

Don't use Rewire anything here as that only makes for problems.
What do you mean by "many VI".. do you have many installed, or do you use many at once in PT? Are you talking 3-4 VI's, 10-12, 20-30, or more? I'm always intrigued by any one who claims to use "many" VIs at once in any version of PT, who isn't also using something like VePro to offload them. I've just never seen what I would consider "many VIs" running at once with my on eyes on any PT rig. I've seen it (and do it myself) many times with Logic, Cubase and other daws, but with PT...I've yet to see it happen. Are these VIs just playing simple drum parts, or do you really get multiple VIs that are using decent amounts of polyphony all going at once?

What buffer settings are you at? Can you actually play these in realtime from a controller? No offense intended here. I'm truly curious about the handful of people on this board that claim to run "many" VIs with no issues in PT. While the rest of us have constant issues with 9173s and other errors. My 12 core Macpro will not run any where near what I would consider "many VIs" inside PT. I'm not even getting into the numerous midi bugs in PT, which is a whole other topic