Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Default fighting faders

Hi,

I'm currently having a lot of problems with fighting faders. I have a 24 ch D-Command, PT 7.4.2, latest D-Command firmware. The problem seems erratic and intermittent. One day faders 8, and 15 stick and won't register finger contact, the next day I'm having problems with different faders. Yesterday I had a problem where the fader would acknowledge my touch but would not remain down when I pulled it down. It would pull down and then pull up just a little when I released it. Re-calibrating the faders did not work so I had to power cycle the D-Command in the middle of a session with the client watching.

I have called Digi tech support and they suggested swapping the fader pak which would have cost a fortune to ship and I suggested that they send me the "cleaning kit" i had read about on DUC. What arrived was essentially qtips and alcohol.

I am in an old church and the D-Command rests uncovered overnight so I imagine dust is an issue. I also have all my equipment running on balanced technical power and I have read here on the DUC that grounding may sometimes be an issue with the fighting faders so I will connect the D-Command to conventional power today and see what happens. I never had this problem with my ProControl. Never ever.

I'm assuming I need to pull the whole bank of faders to clean then with the "cleaning kit"? Anyone have any helpful ideas?
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS