Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2000, 04:15 PM

Default object grabber bug?

I've been loving the object grabber since I got 5.0, but it's been a little weird sometimes, and I think I finally pieced together enough information to post it and see if anyone else is experiencing this:

I select a bunch of stuff with the object grabber across several tracks. I go to move that selection and get the message "cannot move a fade without it's contributing regions" despite the fact that there are no fades selected that aren't already attached to their contributing regions. What I finally figured out is that there is a fade (that is NOT selected) on a track that contains selected regions and that fade is before the first selected region on another track.

The following test demonstrates the bug perfectly on my machine. Time code numbers are arbitrary.

- put regions on tracks 1 & 2 sprinkled about, with one region starting on track 1 at 1:00:04:00 and a fade on track 2 that starts before and goes beyond 1:00:04:00
- using the object grabber select regions on track 1 starting with the region at 1:00:04:00
- select a region in track 2 that is not attached to the fade across 1:00:04:00 but starts after that fade
- try to move the selection
- observe error message
- curse

In the process of coming up with this test, I came up with a weird work-around. If there's a region selected on track 2 that starts BEFORE the faded (and unselected) region, then everything works just fine.

has anyone else encountered this? and/or can anyone else recreate it?

my setup, for the record: 9600/300, Mix core & 2 vintage farms, PT5.0, etc, etc.

[This message has been edited by KingTor (edited May 02, 2000).]
Old 05-03-2000, 03:40 PM
Avid

Default Re: object grabber bug?

KingTor,
This was 100% reproducable. However, this has already been fixed in PT 5.0.1.
Coming soon to a desktop near you!

Thanks for the detailed info on this one.

Brent
Old 05-05-2000, 03:05 PM

Default Re: object grabber bug?

I guess the fact that it's reproducable and that it's been fixed already are probably not a coincidence, eh? thanks for the reply on that, Brent. I'm looking forward to 5.0.1 already.

tor