Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Default How to move all automations on multiple Aux Track at the same time ?

Hey Guy's,

The title is pretty self explanatory, isn't it ?!

I working on this film and a new cut game in where they added video here and there and cut video here and there. My Mix is pretty much done for the film already so I want to keep all my automations on Audio and Aux tracks.

Any hint/tips ?

Thanks !
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Default Re: How to move all automations on multiple Aux Track at the same time ?

Did you get an EDL?
Just group all the tracks in your mix (including Auxes) and cut and paste (automation will follow).
Give the old mix a time code offset (+1 hour for example), if the new version has the same timecode start.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Thumbs up Re: How to move all automations on multiple Aux Track at the same time ?

Thanks Bobby ! I should I though of that I guess...

Yes for the EDL... I ask for the previous mix to be linked and cut to the video so I can see where and how much as been cut/added.

Thanks again mate !
Old 05-06-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Re: How to move all automations on multiple Aux Track at the same time ?

I have been through that a number of times(Post is done and a newly cut version hits my studio)

Just a few suggestions.... I make presets in all my plugins for each piece of material and label accordingly so when they shove a new file at me I just import the OMF and add in the plug-ins I already set up.... the EASIEST thing to do is redo the automation as it is as simple as using latch or touch in your automation options.... I prefer to go through each segment and gain it to be sitting at a specific level (like -18dbsf) and then use a compressor plugin preset(With proper compressor settings you shouldn't have to adjust much from there, so I can recall the compressor after gaining the piece up, add the preset EQ, and whatever else you process it with and then I don't have to use much automation... only to sweeten AND I don't do the automation anymore until they are really done cutting the video.... I just have temp audio.

Another thing I started doing is having the video editor send me a complete take and just edit the entire audio track and send it back..they cut it until the producer is happy and then when I get an OMF back from him my edited audio is already in place and its cake from there...

Good Luck!
Old 05-21-2011, 04:21 PM

Thank you Jason ! Much appreciated !
Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler View Post
Did you get an EDL?
Just group all the tracks in your mix (including Auxes) and cut and paste (automation will follow).
Give the old mix a time code offset (+1 hour for example), if the new version has the same timecode start.
Just make sure that the option (under the Options menu) that is called"Automation Follows Edit" is checked. Other wise only the audio regions will be edited.