Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Default 2 Minor Pro Tools 8 BUGS

Hi There,

I have found the following which I believe to be bugs

Both are of minor importance.

1) Take any audio recording (For ease of reproduction use region no longer than 3 seconds). Set PT to playback without looping. Now hit play. While in playback, start adjusting the volume fader and keep doing so until playback stops automatically, Keep the mouse button clicked all the time and dont stop adjusting once playback stops. You will notice that once the PB stops - so does the ability of moving the fader. Only work around is to let go of the mouse button and then push it again to regain control of the volume fader.

2) Master fader/bounce BUG

I wanted to bounce a snare drum which I had edited. I selected the region and hit play to ensure I was bouncing the correct audio. I decided to "normalize" using the gain on the Master Fader. EVERY time I adjusted the gain on the master fader it would NOT play the beginning transients of the snare drum. Thus, I had to hit play twice in order PT to play the file correctly. After EACH master fader adjustment I had to hit play twice to get PT to play the transient. First try would leave the snare short of it's attack.

Like I said, minor bugs - and PT 8 is running great here
Old 01-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Avid

Default Re: 2 Minor Pro Tools 8 BUGS

I'll have these looked into!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Default Re: 2 Minor Pro Tools 8 BUGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'll have these looked into!
Thanks for the reply