Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Default keyboard shortcuts for audiosuite plug-ins

Hey all...

i've made a few keyboard shortcuts for some menu items i use often (show/hide region name) and external time code offset using system preferences in the usual way.

i tried making some more keyboard shortcuts for some audiosuite plug-ins (gain/7-band eq/signal generator) and something funny happens. they appear in the menu as if they work (the key command appears next to the name) and when i press the key command it flashes the menu... but it doesn't open the plug-in. it does...however put the plug-in outside of the folders in the audiosuite menu... which i guess makes it a little more convenient...but not quite what i was looking for. anyone seen this problem or have a thought of a workaround?

Running PT 7.2 tdm on os x.

thanks!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Default Re: keyboard shortcuts for audiosuite plug-ins

I have the same experience. MInus that plug-in outside of the folders" -effect. 7.3.1 here.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 PM

Don't use the Command key in the Hot Key you create. The command key simulates clicking on the Audiosuite plug-in with the command key, which is why it's showing up as a favorite. At least I'm pretty sure that was the problem when I was trying it out.

-Brad Semenoff

Old 05-06-2008, 07:45 AM

thanks! that was it. used a shortcut without command instead and works great, also having those audiosuite 'favorites' is pretty handy too.