Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Training

Old 04-02-2015, 06:05 PM

Default Written Exams?

Greetings!

I am a new Avid Instructor, teaching the 101 and 110 at The Academy of Art University in San Francisco.

I am creating this thread to address the issue found common in classrooms where the Cert is actually "optional". The way we have it setup here, is that the students pay a certain fee (on top of tuition cost), which pays for the books 101 and 110, and 2 exam trys for each the 101 and 110. This is my first semester doing it, and I have noticed there are a couple students who decided to not pay the fee. There are also some students who failed the first try, and do not care to retry and move on to the 110.

Since I still have to give these students a grade in my class, what do you suggest I use as a substitute for the cert?

What I am hoping to find, is someone that has made a written form of the cert exam. That way, if a student does not pass the 101, or decides not to take either, I have a similar exam to give them, which I can use for their midterm / final exams in class.

I attempted to create a written form of the exam myself, found myself an hour or two deep and not even close to being done. Hoping someone out there has already done such a thing!

Much appreciated!

EDIT: Apologies, I thought this was the ALP section of the forum but it was not, so I reposted it there. Do not know how to delete this thread!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Written Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baste_artist View Post
Greetings!

I am a new Avid Instructor, teaching the 101 and 110 at The Academy of Art University in San Francisco.

I am creating this thread to address the issue found common in classrooms where the Cert is actually "optional". The way we have it setup here, is that the students pay a certain fee (on top of tuition cost), which pays for the books 101 and 110, and 2 exam trys for each the 101 and 110. This is my first semester doing it, and I have noticed there are a couple students who decided to not pay the fee. There are also some students who failed the first try, and do not care to retry and move on to the 110.

Since I still have to give these students a grade in my class, what do you suggest I use as a substitute for the cert?

What I am hoping to find, is someone that has made a written form of the cert exam. That way, if a student does not pass the 101, or decides not to take either, I have a similar exam to give them, which I can use for their midterm / final exams in class.

I attempted to create a written form of the exam myself, found myself an hour or two deep and not even close to being done. Hoping someone out there has already done such a thing!

Much appreciated!

EDIT: Apologies, I thought this was the ALP section of the forum but it was not, so I reposted it there. Do not know how to delete this thread!

Prospective employers, like me, do not give candidates written exams!!

It's a practical test only.

Any assistant I have eve had, that was worth keeping, never went to school, nor had protools certification.

E.G. There are thousands of of students entering the University of California system via a written test, the SAT.
They study for years to pass that test, and can not think beyond that box.