Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-28-2019, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Sync HD losing dropping lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
You might want to check if your Sync HD is well cooled as its very sensitive to higher temperature.
Does this happens at the morning when the unit is cold?
I had the same problem with my Sync HD in conditionered machine room until I made some room above and beneath of Sync HD in order to be well ventilated.
Yep. Had the exact same issue with overheating the sync HD. Had to take it out of the rack and have it sit on its own and the problem went away.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Sync HD losing dropping lock

Finally back in that room with some time today.

Unfortunately I was unsuccessful today. I made sure things were terminated properly and no change.

I’m wondering about heat. I removed the unit from a rack soon after buying it, and it was sitting alone in a corner because it definitely showed overheating symptoms.

About 6 months ago I wanted to tidy things up, and put it in an unenclosed table top 3 unit rack. My omni is in the bottom, the sync HD in the top, so a full space between the 2 and open to the room..

It does feel a bit warmer than ideal at the moment, mostly the heat from the omni. I really thought it would be cool enough, but maybe not.

I’ll try putting it back where it was, to see if that’s the problem. I don’t remember having as many dropouts before it’s most recent spot, so the heat could conceivably be the culprit.

Thanks for your help - it’s much appreciated.