Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-05-2000, 01:34 AM

Default CD Burner Question

I'm new to burning CDs and stuff (just got me a burner today)...

I tried burning my first CD from a mixed and "mastered" (lol) stereo file I made on Digi001 and it came out slowed down for some reason. Any ideas as to why that happened?

I'm using a Lacie External 12X SCSI Burner. And the software to manage the burned files is called 'Toast' or somethin like that. When I drag the files into 'Toast' to audition them, they sound slowed down as well. Being new to this ****, I figured that when I actually went to write the disk that it wasn't going to come out like it did. But it came out sounding sssssssssssssssssslllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwww wwwwww ...

HELP!
Old 11-05-2000, 03:15 AM

Default Re: CD Burner Question

Well I went back and fooled with it a little bit and came to realize I was hearing the files being played through my G4's speakers. So basically that tells me that the slow down has nothing to do with the burner. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the "Bounce To Disk" function. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Experimenting, I purposely changed my 'input' in the Session Setup Window from Optical (I transferred this particular song from ADAT) to internal, which slowed the original song down to the speed of the playback from the stereofile (did I lose you yet?), bounced it, and it's still the same slowed down speed (I figured doing this would have slowed it down even more but I guess I was wrong).

*shrugs his shoulders*

[This message has been edited by Mr Peete (edited November 05, 2000).]
Old 11-05-2000, 02:02 PM

Anybody?
Old 11-05-2000, 03:40 PM

Could it be that the sample rate of your files is 48khz while that of an audio CD is 44.1. You may have to sample rate convert if you recorded at 48 khz.

Regards

Bill.

Old 11-05-2000, 06:30 PM

nope. They're both at 44.1 ... (I will go double check tho, just in case, lol)

I just don't get it tho. While I'm bouncing the song to disk, it plays fine. When I go to audition the 'bounced' stereo file it sounds all retarded.

*pulling his hair out*