Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Default How do I remedy duplicates in DigiBrowser?

So I have a few folders in the DigiBase browser that, for whatever reason, have duplicates of all the files and folders in them. A look at the original shows that there is only one of everything, and I'd like to remove all these dupes just to clear things up. But how? I can't just delete one, because it says it'll delete the files. Don't wanna take that chance! Is my only option to copy the stuff somewhere else, then delete the ones in the browser and then relocate them and re-index the volume? I hope not. And yes, I tried 'Update database for selected' to no avail. Do I have to delete the database folder and re-index the whole lot?

And this is PT9 (non-HD) on MacPro running 10.6.4.

UPDATE: So I copied the offending folder to a new location, deleted the one being used by the browser, then replaced it and re-indexed it...but the dupes re-appeared! Apparently the contents of this particular folder are somehow causing dupes of everything? No idea why. I tried looking for invisible files and everything. Not sure what's causing this. Anyone have any ideas?