Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Default McDSP Emerald Pack Native - Zero Latency with Pro Tools LE?

I read in another post not too long ago that McDSP Plugins have zero latency, making them nice and easy to use with Pro Tools LE. Can anyone confirm that the McDSP Plugins have zero latency?

The McDSP Everything Bundle (Emerald Pack) Native includes every McDSP plugin in one bundle. I'd rather have Wave bundles but if McDSP have no latency at all, they may be the more economical purchase. Can anyone confirm if the McDSP Plugins have zero latency?

Thanks

McDSPS Emerald Pack page:
http://www.mcdsp.com/index.php?optio...d=16&Itemid=45

Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: McDSP Emerald Pack Native - Zero Latency with Pro Tools

I have that bundle, and use McDSP stuff all the time... Can't say for sure that EVERY single plug-in has zero latency but I THINK they have. At least CompressorBank, FilterBank and Analog Channel. McDSP plug-ins are also very low on the CPU which makes'em even better if you have an old computer... Well, not Revolver maybe.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:09 PM

I'm also looking at the McDSP Emerald Pack for the same reasons. Would be interested to hear any comments on this...
Old 05-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I have that bundle, and use McDSP stuff all the time... Can't say for sure that EVERY single plug-in has zero latency but I THINK they have. At least CompressorBank, FilterBank and Analog Channel. McDSP plug-ins are also very low on the CPU which makes'em even better if you have an old computer... Well, not Revolver maybe.
Stiff, How is the McDSP Emerald Pack? Your opinions/comments are appreciated.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
yep.

Zero latency.

Emerald Pack is totally worth it.
Check out my plugins list... I don't to need anything else than what you see there.

Channel G is WAY better the Waves SSL, and it does API and Neve. Serious. Channel G is worth it alone.

I do prefer TL Space to Revolver, but I admit I have not spent as much time with it ...

They have the BEST SUPPORT of ANY company I have EVER deelt with. Serious. I have spoken with Colin McDowell personally twice.

GREAT stuff.

BTW ... alto music has the BEST price on the bundle. AND it has an iLok.

Cheers.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty much with bigbubbaj on this one. Some of the plug-ins aren't that great looking and some are downright old but IMO they are still VERY strong competitor.

Analog Channel is very good and I almost always use it instead of Massey Tape-Head, DUY DaD Tape and Reel Tape Suite. They are all different animals but since Analog Channel is so flexible it's hard not to grab it if you don't have the specific "Massey sound" in mind. Reel Tape is more tape sounding though, wish it was easier on the CPU though.

I haven't tried the limiter enough to really give you a full blown review, but from what I've heard, and from the little I've used it, it's very good. Better than the Massey? Bah, who knows, it's just a limiter!

People around the web seem to have scattered opinions on CompressorBank and FilterBank. I enjoy them both, especially FilterBank. I don't use it on everything, especially not when I want to go surgical, but it's very good. Anyway, they are both very flexible like so much of the McDSP stuff is.

Revolver and the synth, haven't used them much. I don't like reverbs, pretty much only use it on pianos, sometimes on snares for a huge sound. I don't use much synths. If you haven't got a convul verb then Revolver is most likely a welcomed addition. Like all McDSP plug-ins it has more presets than you can imagine.

G Console. Now here's a bad boy... I haven't used the Waves, but this is one wicked mother. Very flexible, very good.

+1 to their support. I have only dealt with their support for protoolerblog.com which is handled as any other media out there, so for regular customers I wouldn't know. But they were very quick to respond whenever I emailed.

I remember back when McDSP was Mac only (and I was on PC), all these top producers and mixers talked about it like it was the holy grail of mixing... It seems to me that lately they've somewhat become lost in the shuffle. Very unfortunate because it's really great stuff, again especially if you don't have the most powerful computer out there.

I'm gonna start a rough mix on a session now, I'll check out the whole latency thing and let you know soon.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:45 AM

Revolver has around 900 ms delay, ML4000 51... The rest has 0.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:18 AM

Think I know what my next Plugin bundle may be now

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 05-24-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
McDSP plug-ins are also very low on the CPU which makes'em even better if you have an old computer... Well, not Revolver maybe.
I've been trying to get some feedback on this. How hungry is Revolver? I read another post where someone said they couldn't get a single Revolver plug inserted without their computer choking.

This was someone witha a Mac G5. I'm on a G4. I'm not sure how that relates to Windows based CPUs, but can anyone give me an idea of what type of performance I could expect from Revolver on a G4?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:54 PM

Revolver wants sequential memory, which can and does cause problems in pro tools.
I see a 7074 error VERY frequently, and am speaking with MCDSP about this problem.

I still prefer TL Space, so it has not been much of an issue for me.