Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2009, 09:39 PM

Default Snow Leopard

Anyone know if current PT's software(7.4 and above) will be compatible with Snow Leopard?

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Snow Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjosmond View Post
Anyone know if current PT's software(7.4 and above) will be compatible with Snow Leopard?

Thanks.
Compatible or qualified and tested? It may run but Digi will almost certainly only be testing 8.0 with Snow Leopard.

No one can say if 7.4 will run till Apple actually ships the OS and some one tries it. I wouldn't expect any cs updates from Digi to address SL compatibility with anything older than 8.0

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-26-2009, 12:56 AM

Always wait till digidesign qualifies it. And even than, make a complete system backup before commit an os change.
Tamas Dragon
Old 08-26-2009, 06:01 AM

If you go to the digidesign website, it's right on the front page saying they're still testing. This is always the case with PT. It's never certified before the new OS is released.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:35 PM

I just tried it, it does not appear to run, it quit immediately after I launched it, with the following error:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/CFnd.framework/Versions/A/CFnd
Referenced from: /Applications/Digidesign/Pro Tools/Pro Tools LE.app/Contents/MacOS/Pro Tools LE
Reason: image not found

However I wonder if reinstalling it might help because I migrated my apps.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:11 PM

I have a partition just for PT with little else than PT8cs3 and some softsynths.

After cloning the disk, I installed Snow Leopard over 10.5.5, that is upgraded, no clean install. After some testing of a few sessions, some VIs and PIs, I can't find anything not working as it should.

The only thing though, is that at first lauch PT told me to install Pace drivers. A bit strange, as I had the latest version, I'm shure. Well, I installed Pace, and everything is fine. And my authorizations seem to be intact.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:45 AM

Still running great here.

A couple of little things:
I have a dual monitor setup. The secondary monitor (LCD) seemed to have lost its profile setting. I had to select the right profile again in system prefs, and even then it looks to me like its darker.

AHA! I just remembered reading something about apple changing to gamma 2.2 like Windows always had. Maybe that's what I'm seeing. Can't really see a difference on my main monitor though (CRT).

Also, I seem to have lost permission on various folders - on other disks(!)
Not a big problem to change it back. Actually I'm quite used to manually setting permission on folders and files ever since leopard. Very annoying. Sometimes I feel like just selecting the disk, setting "read and write" on "everyone" and doing the little script that writes it to all sub-files-and-folders. Probably not a very good idea. I would love it if someone could enlighten me on this, though.

Anyway, I've been playing around on the mac checking settings and running applications, browsing the internet, and trying out editing and mixing in PT, all my plugins are working fine, this is a good feeling.

And, almost a little worrying: The SL upgrade freed up 9.8Gb of disk space!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 AM

Upgraded to Snow Leopard on my Macbook Pro 2.66 this evening.
PT LE8 the first thing I tested. Fell over on startup, hanging on"Setting up peripherals", but once I forced quit and opened the mbox pref pane gave it a chance to find the mbox micro I'm using everything is fine. PT LE 8 is fine, T-Racks and Miroslav plugins are fine, Reason 3 as a plug in is fine.
The Activity monitor is no longer showing the unresponsive DAE audio Daemon that has been a 'bug' ever since I switched to Mac several years ago... thanks to Apple programming, not Digidesign.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:46 AM

This is all looking very positive

Looking for some positive feedback for people running Digi002 Rack on a MBP and i'm going to the Apple store this weekend :)

Has anyone noticed improved performance thanks to Grand Central and Open CL?

Higher plugin counts in sessions or DaveC tests or general feeling of more snappiness?

Good work Apple :)
Old 08-28-2009, 11:44 AM

Curious also. Especially if the 002 seems to work okay. Also if there was any performance boost. So those of you trying it let us know. I might also pick up a copy this weekend and see how it goes.