Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2020, 12:49 AM

Default Recording from track to track or aux to track not aligned

So, if you assign a track out to another track and record enable (printing the plugins from the first track) the two do not line up. In my testing the second (processed) track is around 300 samples delayed.

I experience the same if I use an aux set as output to another track and record on that second track. Same offset. What is the cause of this? Is it resolved in later PT versions?

Currently using 12.8.1.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2020, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Recording from track to track or aux to track not aligned

Is Delay Compensation enabled? What numbers are you seeing regarding latency on the source track(s)? Could it be a plugin's latency is not being read correctly(which would cause incorrect compensation) or does the delay window show red(meaning its out of the range of compensation)? Assuming Delay Compensation is enabled, I would use the original audio as a reference and nudge(or SPOT) the new audio into the correct position.

What is the reason for this routing(IOW, is there a better way to reach the same goal)? What about using Track Commit(I can't remember if 12.8.1 had that feature)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-19-2020, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Is Delay Compensation enabled? What numbers are you seeing regarding latency on the source track(s)? Could it be a plugin's latency is not being read correctly(which would cause incorrect compensation) or does the delay window show red(meaning its out of the range of compensation)? Assuming Delay Compensation is enabled, I would use the original audio as a reference and nudge(or SPOT) the new audio into the correct position.

What is the reason for this routing(IOW, is there a better way to reach the same goal)? What about using Track Commit(I can't remember if 12.8.1 had that feature)
Commit does not have offset. Track delay is only 4 samples. I'll try toggling delay comp.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:58 AM

No change.